( sixteen )

───────────────

───────────────

THE FEELING OF loneliness consumed you as you took a stroll around the outskirts of yorknew city. the dark abyss cascading over the tall buildings and scurrying people. a sigh escaped your lips. had you made the right decision? leaving the port mafia wasn't exactly the route you intended to go. but, you can't change the past. your life is devoted to saving lives and solving crimes. you hoped that the time you stayed away from chuuya would help you both realize that your relationship was short-term and would have ended eventually.

how wrong you were.

leaving without any trace and all communications blocked surely roused up a commotion from both chuuya and the port mafia. you could imagine ryunosuke and chuuya rampaging around in the base in search of you. although, you yourself didn't know why you decided to leave. your brother, your sister, and your loving significant other. maybe you didn't want to stain your hands with even more blood.

but your hands will always be blood-stained. no matter how desperately you want to cleanse them.

in the port mafia, you kill to gain.

in the armed detective agency, you kill to protect.

is there any difference if both sides of the same coin share the same face?

the guilt that you dreadfully tried to hide from, found you once again. but this time, it clung to you like a leech and it didn't have any intent of letting go.

your thoughts clouded your senses that you failed to realize that your aimless wandering had taken you somewhere out of yorknew city. only god knows how long you've been walking for.

you paused to look around your surroundings. trees and other numerous plants surrounded you. life surrounded you. the light breeze rustling the leaves and the quiet coos of morning doves as the sun slowly but surely began to rise. in the distance, you could see a large tree and a single gravestone. curious as to why a lone gravestone would be placed there, you subconsciously moved closer.

you stood in front of the gravestone, silently reading the name engraved on it.

's. oda.'

your eyes squinted and your eyebrows furrowed.

'that name is so... familiar.'

you chanted the unfamiliar but familiar name in your head.

'oda. oda... oda..?'