( four )

───────────────

───────────────

"CONGRATULATIONS ON ESCAPING trick tower, everyone. all that remain now is the fourth phase, and the final phase." lippo pointed to an island behind him. "the fourth phase will take place on zevil island."

one of lippo's workers rolled in a cart. "to begin with, i will need each of you to draw lots now." a cheeky grin plastered itself on lippos face. "the lots will decide who you hunt and who hunts you. in this box, there are exactly twenty five numbered cards. which means, that one of the numbered cards will correspond with your badge. now, each of you will draw a card in the order you exited the tower." lippo gestured to the box containing the numbers. "alright, which if you was first?"

hisoka waltzed towards the box and drew a lot, causing the second, third, fourth, and so on to follow suit. after kurapika, you went and drew a lot.

'number 80... oh, it's the sniper woman'

your eyes slowly looked to your right and observed her.

'she looks pretty strong. i don't think she's too good at combat if she carries a sniper around.'

───────────────

NEW CHARACTER: SIPER, APPLICANT 80 OF THE HUNTER EXAM

───────────────

lippo continued to explain the rules before letting the applicants aboard the boat.

the boat reached zevil island and you waited until you were able to step foot on the island.

'alright. sniper woman was one of the first to leave so she's probably deep in the forest already..'

you wandered around the forest while keeping a sharp eye for anyone who could have you as a target.

'i should probably use rashomon: devoured space. but that takes up so much energy..'

you sighed and continued to walk around. the sun began to set and you still had to leads of number 80's whereabouts. you looked up at the trees and saw number 301 sitting on a tree branch.

'isn't he one of hisoka's friends?'

───────────────

NEW CHARACTER: GITTARRACKUR, THE SHAPE SHIFTER

───────────────

as you were about to mind your business and pass, you heard a slight ruffle of bushes near where the man was sitting.

'someone's in there! their target is probably the pin guy. i'll do him a favor.'

you silently walked towards the bush and you could see red hair slightly visible from the branches of the bush. grabbing the unknown person by the back of their collar, you yanked them out of their hiding spot and injected a poisonous serum you stole from dazai.

───────────────

"hey, kunikida? have you seen the syringe that was on my desk? i've looked everywhere and i cant find it!" dazai sulked. "i wanted to inject it to finally rid myself of this world. i made it myself, too!"

before kunikida could respond, ranpo interrupted. "oh, the syringe on your desk? i saw y/n take it before she left for the hunter exam."

dazai let out a dramatic gasp.

───────────────

you looked at the stalker's face and recognized it to be your target, sniper woman. your face lit up as you searched her body for her tag.

'bingo! now time to go hide somewhere until it's over.'

you tossed the badge in your hand as you walked away from gittarackur and the bush.

──── ◡̈₊· • . .° ( time skip )

the time limit for the fourth phase of the hunter exam finally came. you made your way back to the start where you met gon, killua, kurapika, and leorio. the guide began to call names and the ones who passed. "and finally... miss. y/n with numbers 80 and 93! all ten of you passed the fourth phase of the exam!"

───────────────