( three )

───────────────

───────────────

THE FIFTY HOURS of waiting slowly but surely passed. the quintet stood in front of the last question to escape trick tower. the sign reads: this will be the last decision made by majority rule. choose O or X.

O: 5   X: 0

the voice from the speaker caught everyone's attention. "please select a path. the long and difficult path, which all of you can take. or the short and easy path which will be limited to only three of you. incidentally, if you choose the long and difficult path, it will require a minimum of 45 hours to complete. while the short and easy path will lead you directly to the goal in approximately three minutes. press O to select the long and difficult path or press X to choose the short and easy path. if X is selected, two applicants from the group must be handcuffed to the wall before the door will open. those applicants will be unable to move until the time limit has expired."

kurapika closed his eyes. "two out of five, huh. then i guess they expect us to fight to decide which three pass."

"alright, i wanna make this clear" leorio turned to the group. "i'm pressing the X button. but i'm not staying behind. i'm one of the three who's moving on. and i'll do whatever it takes."

'we could have taken the long path if your ass didn't wanna cop a feel. i hate men.'

the group continued to argue before it broke out into a fight. weapons swung from left and right. voices echoed off of the walls and metal screeched.

killua contorted his hand and sharpened his nails "looks like fighting is our only option."

gon reached for a nearby weapon. "hey, guys i think i have a plan-"

leorio screaming cut gon abruptly off. a tick mark appeared in your head as your head was throbbing with a headache due to the noises.

having enough, you screamed, "SHUT THE FUCK UP! GON HAS A PLAN SO LISTEN!"

the three sweat dropped at your expression and turned to gon.

gon sighed in relief. "alright, everyone, just pick the O option and then follow my lead."

the group obligated and chose the O option. before anyone could ask gon the rest of his plan, he started to hack down the left wall. you quickly put the pieces together and followed gon's actions. there was now a large hole leading to the short and easy path. you and your group rushed in and was met with a slide which took you immediately to the bottom of the tower.

"ow! what the hell! that hurt." you rubbed your hands which were covered in red blisters.

the speaker's voice rang through the large room. "the third phase of the hunter exam is over. twenty six applicants have passed, including one deceased."

a door opened, revealing the sun's bright light. the five of you braced yourself for what was about to be next.

───────────────