" Look Alex , I can't tell you that I know how you feel . I've always had both of my parents but I do know how it feels to almost loose one. My dad was sick for a very long time and the thought that I would lose him broke me. In those moments, I realized how important my mother was. While my dad was in the hospital for months, she was the only one keeping the family together. So trust me when I say this. It's not easy being a single parent. You should give your father credit for that. I know he messed up a lot but he's trying to make up for lost time and you can agree that he's been doing a great job recently, right?"

" Yeah he has." Alex replied reluctantly.

" Also, I know you're a teenager and you want to explore and go on dates and all that but I think I have to agree with Logan on this one. He's your father after all and I know that he's just trying to protect you and stop you from making the same mistakes that he did. He might have gone the wrong way about it but I know in his heart, he has good intentions. He probably still sees you as his little baby Alex and he just can't fathom that you're actually growing up and thinking of dating. I'm not saying you shouldn't be allowed to go on dates . I think that's a little bit extreme on his part . I'm just saying that you have all the time in the world to like people and go on a bunch of dates and be in relationships. You don't have to rush into it just because your friends are doing it."

I knew how it felt to be a teenager with in high school where everyone was dating everyone and going to parties and doing what teenagers do. I felt left out most of the time because I wasn't a social person. Maddie was the total opposite of me. She would attend all the parties and dated a lot of guys in school while I spent all of my time crushing on the one boy who pretended not to notice me; Jake.

" I don't want to date because my friends are doing it. I really like Tristan. He's smart, he's so funny and he likes me for me and not because my Dad is one of the richest men in America." Alex replied almost wistfully. It was official. She definitely had the hots for this Tristan boy.

" Okay I'll tell you what. If you apologize to your dad when you get home , I'll help you talk to him about letting you go out with Tristan but you have to remember that he's your father and whatever he says goes , okay?"

"Okay, thank you so much Emma." Alex's face brightened up.

" You're welcome . Now how exactly did you get here ?"

" I took the bus from Abbie's house ." She shuddered like it was a bad thing to take the bus.

I was actually surprised. " You took the bus ?"

" Yeah and I'm never doing it again." She replied as she stood up and went to the kitchen to drop her plate. " I would have ordered an Uber but apparently I'm not allowed to have and Uber account until I'm 18."

" You shouldn't be going places without letting your Dad know . It's not safe ." I told her .

" I know , I'm sorry ." She replied as she came back and sat on the sofa with an apologetic expression on her face.

I narrowed my eyes at her ." It's not me you should be apologizing to."

" I'll apologize to Dad when I get home ." She sighed. " I hope he won't be too mad at me ."

" I think he'll just be glad that you made it home safe ." I said assuringly.

" So...you and Dad are still not getting back together?" Alex asked tentatively.

I chuckled . " Why did I feel you would ask about that ?"

A small smile formed on her face. " I just want to know ." She faced down rubbing the palm of her hands together as if she felt ashamed about something . " I might have told Dad that the the reason you won't get back together with him is because he's too controlling." Before I could react , she continued . " I know I shouldn't have said that but I guess I was just so angry . I think he was hurt when I said it."