I want to blame Amy  for making me devalue and lose my relationship with Emma but it's not her fault. I chose to wallow over her death and place her over Emma. I fucked things up all on my own . If I tried to get over her and move on with my life maybe I would have actually discovered earlier that she was lying and cheating on me . But it seemed like I didn't even want to discover anything imperfect about her . To me she was the most perfect being and nothing or no one to change that. It took making the discoveries I made back in San Fransisco to see that Amy was not the angel I had made her to be . I had idolized her too much without even realizing it and given her too much control over my life .

I'm glad I've decided to stop giving different things power over my life and have taken back control of my life. I realized that Amy wouldn't even want that for me . She wanted me to be happy . I mean that's the least she can do. She would want our kids to be happy too . Emma makes both my kids and I happy so I'm going to do whatever it takes to bring her back to us . That's the promise I made to myself the day I found out that she worked at Gray's Enterprises and I'm sticking to it till the very end .

My phone desk rung and I realized how consumed I was with thoughts on how to show Emma that I'm not giving up on us. I picked up the phone and placed it on my ear.

" Mr Ross, there's someone here to see you. He says his name is Mr Brown." My secretary said from the other end of the line .

I realized she was talking about Detective Brown . " Bring him up to my office ."

" Yes Sir." She answered before she hung up.

Few minutes later , James was walking into my office and taking a seat in front of me .

" Detective Brown , It's been long since I last saw you." I leaned back on my seat. The last time I saw him was before he and I went to interrogate Calvin in prison. After that, he told me he reached a dead end with the Daniel Brian case. He couldn't find anything else that would lead to the his Killer and whoever gave the tv station the news about Emma. I've been so pre occupied with fixing my personal life that I forgot to call him to find out if he found anything . It's been months since I last spoke to him so I unconsciously forgot about the Daniel Brian issue.

" It's nice to see you too Logan." James replied . He brought out his signature cigar and put it in between his lips.

I folded my arms on the desk, anxiety brewing in me. " So , what brings you here?"

" Big news." He replied very enthusiastically. " I found something."

My interest kicked up . " Well are you gonna tell me ?"

" Of course. With  my connections, I gained access to some cctv footage around Daniel Brian's neighborhood just few days before he died. I don't know how I didn't think about it earlier but I checked the footage and saw that just few days before he died someone broke into his apartment through the balcony at the back of the apartment building. The figure looked like that of a man. I zoomed in but I couldn't make out the face of the person because he had his back turned to the cameras the whole time and he wore a black hoodie. I went back to talk to some of his neighbors and one of told me that few days before he died, his daughter was missing. Her birth mother had dropped her off with Daniel and Gina the night before. Apparently he dropped her off at school that morning but came home without her. He asked the neighbor if she had seen his daughter but she said no. According to this neighbor, Daniel left and came back later that night with his daughter. When the neighbor asked, he said it was just a minor issue and that his daughter had run off with some of her friends after school."

" Okay, where is all this going?" I asked with full concentration.

" Daniel Brian obviously lied to his neighbor. His daughter was kidnapped by whoever the fuck killed him to probably scare him into keeping quiet." Detective Brown replied.