Chapter forty: Calm before the storm

I woke up and the realization that the meeting was today hit me

I woke up and the realization that the meeting was today hit me. I was going to see Liam. I didn't even care that Luca would be there.

Vincenzo's body was burned, which made my life much easier but that didn't mean my life wouldn't get worse.

I got out of bed and went into my closet to change. I got dressed in an all-white suit with a black, corset type, lace top. I put on black heels and curled my hair. I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and put on my make-up. I picked out a black clutch purse to put my phone in and left my room. I went downstairs where Dante, Lorenzo and Margo were already standing.

"Girl you look gorgeous," Margo said as she approached me and gave me a hug. "I can already see Liam's face when he-" She whispered to my ear.

"Shush." I looked at my father, seeing him smile.

"We can go whenever you're ready, figlia." I nodded and proceeded to leave the house. We got into our car and drove off. "Nervous?" Margo whispered to me. I nodded.

"How can I not be? That bastard will be there. Three years, Mar. Three fucking years. And now all of a sudden I'm going to be in the same room as him." I heard a ding and checked my phone.

Alex: We're here. We'll wait for you at the entrance.

Celeste: See you there.

The meeting was taking place in Rome at the Rossi business centre. We were eager on this location since the two families were rivals. Vlad surprisingly agreed and as to the Lorenzos, I couldn't give a damn. I was glad that we had double the security all over the building at this moment. It was better to be safe than sorry.

We arrived at the location shortly and I saw Alex with a bit taller, dark blond-haired, tattooed man in front of him. Obviously my Liam.

We got out of the car while I put on my sunglasses. Lorenzo offered me a hand as I looked up the stairs. I noticed Liam's gaze on me. He smiled before I looked down. We got up the stairs and my father greeted Liam and Alex.

"Mr Martinelli, what a pleasure to see you." He smiled at me before he placed a kiss on the back of my hand. He didn't let go of my hand as noticed the ring on my ring finger.

Shit, shit. Why did I keep it on?

Liam smiled.

"Trust me, Miss Rossi, the pleasure is all mine." I nodded before we went inside. We headed towards the elevators and went in one. I shared mine with Liam. No clue how that happened. I was mentally sending curse words to Margo for letting this happen. Liam pressed the button to go to the top floor as I leaned against the wall. "Liked the ring?"

"Yeah. And thank you."

"No need. I'm glad you liked it." I smiled. This was awkward. More than that.

"This is awkward."