Chapter fourteen: No more revenge

Everyone looked surprised

Everyone looked surprised. I looked at her photo and couldn't help but notice the resemblance to Matteo.

"She's alive." Luciana looked at me. "I could've taken her with me. And I didn't." She put her hands on her head. She didn't know and that was the point. If she had wanted to go with my aunt, she would've.

"Don't blame yourself. You had no idea she was Valentina."

"But I noticed Matteo in her. Didn't think much of it, especially since she had the Usoro symbol."

"Is there anything else on there?" I looked back at the file, reading the description provided. "Bianco has to work underneath the Usoro name or be sentenced to death." I looked down. "Bianco has decided to give herself as a working force and signs herself off to Vladimir Usoro. What the hell?"

"Why would she do that?" Lorenzo asked.

"Maybe she did this as help?"

"She was five when they took her. She could've been easily manipulated into believing anything." Liam nodded.

"Maybe we should tell Dante? Or the Biancos at least?"

"Yes, but not Vincenzo. He'll lose a reason to argue with your family and I'm not feeling generous." Liam raised his brows.

"Oh, so my wellbeing depends on your generosity?" I nodded. "Wow."

"Not going to make this an easy life for you, boy." My eyes drifted from him to Luciana. "What are we going to do about this?"

"I can take the files and analyse them. Maybe try to find any information that could potentially help us." Lorenzo volunteered.

"Good idea. After all, you're the only one I trust here to do that apart from zia obviously but I think she needs some rest." She smiled. She's been through a lot and needed a break.

"I think that's it for today, everyone can go and have some rest." A few moments later, people were going towards the door. "Mr Martinelli, a word please." He turned around as Margo closed the door.

"Yes, Miss Rossi?"

"Your behaviour is unacceptable." He raised his brows as he approached my desk.

"My behaviour? And yours?"

"I didn't do anything wrong."

"You know these are the moments when I'd like to tie you up and fuck you till you do anything I say." I smiled. I liked the idea of doing this with him because I knew he wouldn't hurt me intentionally.

"Unfortunately, you can't do that." He nodded.

"I know, but one day I will." I chuckled. "Really don't believe me?" He came around the desk, getting close to me. He sat on the desk, inches away from me. His finger touched my cheek, lightly brushing my skin, doing a lot more damage to me on the inside than I wanted. "I can't wait for that." I smiled. Maybe, that was all I could think of. "Is that all, my love?" I stilled at the pronoun but brushed it off quickly.