Chapter seven: They found her

During my usual morning run, I couldn't get her out of my mind

During my usual morning run, I couldn't get her out of my mind. She wanted to kiss me. Not to prove anything, but actually, kiss me. I was appalled after she left. I was this close to feeling her soft lips. Tasting a part of her.

I could sense the hate for me from her. The tension. No doubt, she left because of me. I wanted to avoid her. I knew how bad things would get if we were together. But I couldn't. For some reason, I craved her. I craved just to see her. Even nights turned into countless minutes of staring out the window and thinking of her. Sometimes it got so bad, it required me to jerk off.

I can't help it anymore. I want her.

I got back to the house after my run and was about to head to my room for a shower until I overheard Vincenzo talking to Dante.

"You have to, son."

"No, padre. She won't marry him."

"Do you want to go into war? We could take the easy way out." Maybe it was rude to snoop on them, but if they're talking about her, as in the girl I want, I'll listen.

"You mean to give away my one and only daughter to that bastard's son?" Vincenzo laughed. I hid right on the corner of the second living room. This one was less spacious but had a glass door to the backyard with two white couches one across from the other. The room was also decorated with plants.

White couches were a thing in this estate as I noticed. White colour and marble.

"You would help the Martinelli and us. Sure, we'll be sad but it's the mafia world. Love is meaningless."

"And Angelo?" I said, not even realizing I spoke until it was too late. I walked into the room. They both sat on the opposite couches.

"Don't bring my father into this."

"Didn't your father marry out of love? Didn't he end the royal Rossini just for love?" Vincenzo smiled at me.

"Ragazzo, you have no say in this."

"If you give her away, you won't end the Martinelli-Rossi feud. I'll make sure that your empire falls." He let out a laugh. "You have one of the best rulers of your empire and you want to waste that?"

"You won't stop me from anything. And don't even think about threatening me."

"I'll repeat myself, if you give her away, I'll kill you with my bare hands."

"Just like your grandfather killed Valentina?" I frowned.

"Who the fuck is Valentina?"

"Valentina Bianco, the daughter of Matteo and Martina Bianco." Still had no idea who they were. As much as I may be familiar with the Rossi famiglia, I only knew what my father had told me. Valentina and the Biancos didn't ring a bell.

"Someone murdered my father's niece after Matteo died and we've always assumed that you had something to do with it." Dante finished.

"Even if the Martinellis did that, I sure as hell wasn't aware nor even born. You have to talk to Valentino or Francesco about it if this still concerns you." Vincenzo chuckled and stood up.