Chapter twenty-two: Main target

I walked into the living room and sat down

I walked into the living room and sat down. I've been in anger management classes a few times in the past and one of the things that I worked on was how I take my anger out. If a person was annoying me or pissing me off, I just hurt them. In other words, I shot them. I almost did that to Francesco. But I was taught to go away and just calm down. Not the best advice but it sure as hell worked.

I kept on wondering who killed Matteo. If it wasn't Vlad and Vincenzo, then who? Or maybe it was Vincenzo with someone else? At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if he was behind it all. He acted so innocent this whole time and blamed everyone else besides himself. I heard someone approaching and I looked up, it was Lorenzo.

"Hey, cugina." [Hey, cousin.] I smiled as he sat down beside me. "Ho visto cosa hai fatto con Igor." [I saw what you did with Igor.] I nodded and sighed.

"Hai idea con chi l'abbia fatto?" [Do you have an idea who he did that with?] Lorenzo looked down and seemed afraid to tell me. "Tu sai qualcosa." [You know something.]

"Ho il sospetto che possa essere stato Valentin." [I suspect that it may have been Valentin.] My eyes widened. He was the last one I suspected. He seemed nice and didn't look like my dumb ass grandfather. But I guess this just proves the fact that you really can't trust anyone in this life.

"Any proof?" He shook his head no.

"I looked through the project ROMAR files and found a few things that you'll certainly like to read but none of them had this involved." So Vlad had possibly nothing to do with this. "There's one that covers the mission where the Martinellis were the targets and then..." He stopped for a second. I looked at him. Something was wrong.

"Cosa?"

"Vincenzo wants you to marry Elijah because it's a deal." I'm done with him.

"CAZZO DI STRONZO!" Lorenzo placed his hand on my shoulder to calm me down.

"Non far sapere a nessuno che lo sai," [Don't let anyone know that you know.] He was right, I had to keep this a secret for now but man oh man, how much I couldn't wait to kill him with my bare hands. He was old so it wouldn't take much.

"I'm going to kill him."

"Wow, chi devo uccidere, darling?" [Wow, who should I kill, darling?] I turned around and saw Liam. He sat down across from us and crossed his arms. "Lorenzo."

"Liam." They acknowledged each other.

"So, who?" I looked up at Liam and smiled.

"No one, this will be my job." Liam smiled.

"So you'll do the dirty work." I nodded.

"Until I have his head in my hands, I won't stop."

"Oh, so it's a he. Alright, that narrows it down." I rolled my eyes and saw that Liam didn't like that.