Chapter eighteen: Trust me

After the office encounter, I didn't see Liam the rest of the day

After the office encounter, I didn't see Liam the rest of the day. Margo and I spent the day out in the city. We ate lunch at a restaurant and I even borrowed Liam's car to drive around the place. He left shortly after with his guards and left his Mercedes at the garage. I had to find the keys somewhere and found them in his office. Sure, he'll be mad but he can't say no to me, right?

We drove around for hours and surprisingly Liam didn't miss his vehicle. We parked at the underground garage and got in the elevator.

"I hope he won't be mad."

"I doubt it." The elevator doors opened and I opened the doors with the pin I memorised from earlier. Liam sat on the couch beside Alex and looked anything but happy to see me.

"I'll need a minute with you," Liam spoke, His eyes set on me I nodded as he stood up. "We can go upstairs." He grabbed me by my wrist and started to drag me out of the living room.

"Oh, and," he looked back at Margo and Alex, "Margo, this is Alex. Alex this is Margo. Feel free to socialize." I smiled before he continued taking me away.

"A little rough, don't you think?" We approached his room and he pushed me inside. "Careful." He placed my purse down and before I could react, he pushed me to the wall with one of his hands on my throat.

"What right do you think you have to take my car?"

"I didn't scratch it, don't worry." He clenched his jaw before looking down to my lips and then back to my eyes. Those blue eyes were barely visible from the darkness that took hold of them.

"You have no right to take what's mine, Rossi." Queue the possessiveness.

"I'm not scared of you, Martinelli. Besides, why do you care? Just because it's yours?"

"Yes, don't you dare think that you can use me?"

"And you can?" He was taken aback.

"What is that supposed to mean?" His brows pinched together.

"I don't know, maybe you're so affectionate towards me because you want to get so-"

"No. I would never use you." I rolled my eyes. "Do-"

"Why should I trust you?" He sighed and backed away. The sudden calm replaced the anger that had possessed him seconds ago.

"Come with me." He gave his hand out to me and I looked at him confused. "You told me I have to prove to you that I like you. So what's better than going on a date?" I chuckled.

"A date?" He nodded. That escalated to something different.

"I'm assuming you know what that is."

"I do but I've never... I've never been on one." I looked away from him. He cupped my face and moved it to face him.

"So let me take you. We'll be like two regular people. Well somewhat regular." I smiled. "And we can get to know one another."

"I don't know." No, was everything the angel, which appeared from time to time on my shoulder, chanted to me.