Chapter twenty-five: Settled

"Vincenzo Rossi?" Alex nodded

"Vincenzo Rossi?" Alex nodded. "You're fucking with me?"

"No. See it for yourself." I looked at his computer and not only was his name there but also the location showed our estate in New York. It didn't show a mansion but a field where the estate was built. It wasn't hard to recognize it for me. I clenched my fists. I knew that I couldn't blame Celeste or Dante. The only one responsible was Vincenzo. He had his wicked ways of dealing with his lack of attention and this was one of them.

"Fucking shit. He's doing a lot at this point."

"You should tell Celeste about this." I shook my head no.

"I can't, she has enough on her plate now. It can definitely wait." I walked away from the desk. I slid my hands in the front pockets of my pants. "Can we get the money back?"

"I can try but I don't think that the money should be your concern." I looked at him. "If he's trying to get rid of you, then he has all of the power to make your estate public." It would be a disaster.

Our estate was hidden for a reason. It gives us much more safety and if it were to be exposed, it would give our rivals and enemies a location of where we live. We couldn't risk that.

"I have to get him out of there."

"No. You have to kill him."

"That's what she'll do." He frowned.

"Celeste?" I nodded. "Isn't he-"

"Blood isn't important. He's trying to marry her off to that shit-face Usoro and she isn't having it." Alex looked back at his computer. "I'd kill him with pleasure but she comes first."

"Big step, brother." I nodded.

"I know. Her before me. I'll kill Vlad if she doesn't do it soon enough." And my patience with him was growing thin by the second.

--------

We got into the car and began to travel back to the penthouse. I texted Celeste and told her that I'd call her when I was back in my room. I wasn't sure yet if she had to know. Sure, eventually, but I don't doubt the possibility of finding out that Vincenzo was brutally murdered in the next couple of days with her bare hands.

"So what's your next move?" Alex asked as I slid my phone back into my pocket.

"Perhaps talking to Dante."

"And why not Val or your father?"

"None of them are trustworthy now. Dante is the one who has good intentions for Ce so I trust him." Alex nodded and looked through his window.

"Are we going to that club?"

"Will Rodger be there?"

"Yes." Rodger was my business associate who worked in London. After the attempted hack in my servers, he reached out because his business accounts were hacked almost right after ours. We were supposed to meet up at one of my family's clubs to discuss possible ways to solve this problem.