Chapter two: Help out

Meetings took place on a regular basis

Meetings took place on a regular basis. Sometimes people arranged meetings for future deals; sometimes we arranged meetings for deals or orders to benefit us. Nevertheless, sometimes, other mafias reached out for help. It didn't happen often but today was the day. I was about to meet with our biggest rival family - Martinelli.

Martinelli were of Italian-American descent and were the second mafia after us power and wealth wise. I've never met them personally and all I knew was that the head of their family was twenty-one years of age and his name was Liam. I've done some digging in the past on them and learned the other members' names. My cousin Laura goes on and on about how good looking Liam was and to be honest, I didn't care. I walked out of my wing and Margo shortly greeted me.

Margo Ricci has been my best friend since we were babies. Her family was our ally and great friend. She lived with me at the mansion and assisted me every day. We began walking towards the black Rolls-Royce that was waiting for us outside.

"Are you excited?" I looked at her.

"For what? Another boring meeting?" She chuckled.

"I mean to see your biggest enemies?"

"You mean specifically the young one?"

"Yup." I chuckled as the driver opened the back seat for us to get in.

"I don't think I care about that." The driver closed the door before he walked over to his seat. "I mean, I don't care about guys." We began to drive.

"Yeah, right." I looked at her, giving her a disapproving look. "What? You like reading about hot, powerful and dominant males so why not this one?" I smiled, looking through my window. "Besides, look at you. If you won't look at him he sure will." I had tight black jeans, a lace, black leotard that revealed my chest as well as a black business jacket. I had black Louboutin heels on, a gold necklace with the word omertà engraved on it. I wore many gold rings on my fingers. My dirty blond hair was in a low bun with two strands in front. The tattoo that I had on the back of my neck was a bit visible. It was the words "Dopo la pioggia, arriva il sole" [after the rain, the Sun comes].

"I don't think he will care. Besides, this is a business meeting, not the bachelor," Margo rolled her eyes before turning her head to face her window.

We arrived at the Rossi business corporation building shortly. It was right near the city centre. As the queen of the family, I should have been in charge of our public image but since I was still young, I decided to leave it to my father. Meaning that I took care of the underworld, and he took care of the business from which the public knew us. This building was one of many around the world. Did we earn a lot of money from this? Hell no. We got only about 10 per cent of our total money from here. The other 90 were from drugs, weapons and other fun stuff which I had the pleasure of dealing with.

We got out of the car and headed towards the elevator. Mar went in first and then me. The elevator stopped when it reached the top floor, letting us out. The formal meeting room used just for mafia business was at the very end of the hallway. We headed towards the door and the guard beside them opened them.