Chapter twenty-three: Same fate

Yesterday was eventful

Yesterday was eventful. I killed Igor, Luciana and Damiano left for LA and most importantly I wanted to kill Vincenzo. I didn't suspect him almost at all. I held him at a much higher rank but he dropped low. Lower than low. He was placing me in a position where I'd have to choose between him and his so-called "good intentions" for the family and my intentions as well as my happiness. I wasn't going to go against a family member but now, I was afraid I'd have to.

I was sitting outside at the big lounge area and looked through the files that Lorenzo sent me. They were all the project ROMAR documents and let's just say that I was appalled after.

One of the missions was targeted towards one of the members of the Martinelli family and was a success. The only possible person killed would have been Giovani Martinelli. The first ruler of the Martinellis. I didn't know much about them so the best thing was to ask some kind of Martinelli to help me. Audrey was my first thought but she wasn't at the estate at this moment. She left to Liam's penthouse to hang out with friends. And no one else was trustworthy enough to ask. Beatrice was an option but she was still very young.

So the last choice was Liam. I texted him and he said that he'd be there in a few minutes. His wound was healing very well and he moved much better today. I didn't sleep in his room last night and didn't think I'd do that for a little while. I sat on the big couch with my legs one on top of another and had my laptop on my lap. I heard the door open and turned my head to look.

I saw Liam in his very unusual attire. He had white Nike sneakers, a grey sweatshirt and grey sweats on. It was my first time seeing him in this type of clothes and I can't lie, I wasn't disappointed. I haven't worn something this casual in a while. I had grey dress pants and a white lace top with straps on. My hair was straightened and my shoes were similar to Liam's. He smiled at me and after approaching me leaned down and placed a kiss on my forehead. I was very pleased.

"Ciao, my love." He said as he sat down beside me. There was some distance left but it was still very close considering the fact that we were enemies in public. He leaned back and placed one arm behind me without touching me. "So, what's up?"

"I had questions about your family."

"Alright, is there a reason or are you just curious?"

"I don't really have time to be curious. I read through some of the ROMAR files and it concerns your family." He ran his fingers through his hair. I turned the laptop over to him. "Basically the attack that we were talking about yesterday was meant to kill one of your family members and it was a success." I looked at Liam and he looked confused.

"The only person that is dead right now is Giovani. Adria was still alive after his death so he's the only option."

"Do you know how he died?" He took my laptop and began reading the document.

"I mean, I've been told that his plane crashed with him in it. But I don't know if that's true or not." I nodded.

"It's very strange how Riella and Giovani had the same fate." Liam nodded.