Chapter seventeen: Mortal enemies

(Mature content ahead)

We arrived at the penthouse after less than a twenty-minute drive and went up to the elevator. His place was on the top floor and judging from the building, it was a big one. Liam pressed the penthouse button before we were taken to his place. We didn't talk at all during the ride, nor in the elevator. There was just awkward silence surrounding us the whole time.

After the elevator doors opened, we were greeted by a giant dark wood double door with two giant black, marble pots with some decorative sticks inside. Liam put in a pin, letting the double doors open. He let us go first. I was intrigued by what I saw. Giant floor-to-ceiling windows, beautiful modern decor, white and grey being the main colours.

"Welcome to my getaway," Liam said as he took off his suit jacket and placed it on the white couch. I looked around and saw a dark wood staircase, a giant kitchen with a big island and a dining room that was separated from the living room with dark wood planks. I turned my head to the right and saw a hallway. "If you go there," Liam pointed to it. "You can find my office at the very end, one guest bedroom, that Margo can stay in unless you want to share the one upstairs. There's a gym as well as a meeting room." I nodded and turned to find Margo who was examining the kitchen.

Margo loved baking and our kitchen back in Rome and Sicily basically belonged to her. Liam motioned me to come upstairs and I called Margo to follow. The stairs led to another hallway that was smaller but had a giant balcony on the right.

We turned to the left, seeing doors and artwork.

"This is a closet, here is the second guest bedroom," Liam looked at me and I looked away. I was not going to give him anything. We came across the final door and stopped. "This is my room. No one, and I mean no one, goes in here unless it's me." Margo nodded.

"So where do you fuck the girls that you bring here?" I looked at Liam who was surprised at my question.

"Who said that I bring girls here?"

"You bring guys?" Margo said, surprising me.

"I'm straight. But if you want to bring girls here, feel free to do so."

"So you don't bring girls here?"

"I used to. But if you're wondering where I banged them, then that would be hotels."

"And your exes?"

"No exes have been here." I nodded.

"Why no girls now?" Margo went back to look at the artwork while Liam came closer and leaned into my ear.

"Because there's only one I'd fuck."

"Not a chance, Mr Martinelli." I turned around, but before I could leave, he grabbed me by my wrist, turning me around to face him while Margo was already on the balcony. "My office in ten minutes." He let go of me and began to walk away.