Chapter Four: Safe

It was almost noon and I had been sitting in my office for what seems like forever

It was almost noon and I had been sitting in my office for what seems like forever. Actually since nine in the morning. Lorenzo called me and explained that they are trying to find the exact location of where the money was transferred. They have been getting success but who knows how long it'll take.

Since my chat with mom, I began wondering if there was any chance that, the Martinellis were using us to their advantage somehow. Yes, the shelter was an advantage to them but we'd end the get their best properties. Financially this was great for us. Nevertheless, my gut feeling just kept telling me that something was off. Maybe they were trying to extract as much information as possible to take us down. Alternatively, maybe Liam's sudden affection was just his way of manipulating me into turning to his side.

Regardless, doubts stuffed my brain, but I knew I could get through this. I had to.

A knock on a disturbed my thoughts.

"Come in!" The door opened and Liam walked in. "What the fuck do you think you're doing here? How did you..." he held a hand out to stop me from talking. He closed the door, walking over to the armchair across my table.

"Let's just say your guards are scared little bitches." He sat down and crossed his arms over his chest, looking right into my eyes.

"What do you want?" He smiled.

"I heard about the stolen five million." I took a deep breath to contain the anger that was slowly building up inside me.

"And?" I looked down at my laptop, where Lorenzo's sent letter lay open in front of my eyes.

"Usoros did it." I looked up at him, barely containing a smile.

"You really think I'll believe what you think?" He stayed silent for a brief moment and smiled at me.

"I don't think, Miss Rossi, I know." I rolled my eyes and went back to the message. "Disrespect me like that again, I dare you." I chuckled, trying to concentrate on reading the message.

The curiosity inside me had to know more.

"How do you know?"

"After finding out about this incident, I asked one of my best men, Alex, to try and track down the location."

"How-"

"Let me finish, he came upon another person trying to do that, which I assume was your guy, and went around them, eventually making your side, unable to connect." I was shocked at what I was hearing but quite pleased. So what, they found out first? It's not like they're responsible for this. "Alex traced the transfer down to a warehouse. And before you ask how I know that warehouse, we stole a shipment from them. It's Vlad's biggest warehouse in Russia. Second to the one in the US. He has something planned. And Vincenzo is wrong about Valentin being behind it. We knew nothing about the mic in his phone. Vlad found out about you helping us, and now wants to make himself present in this mess." Letting us, or specifically, Dante know, that he's aware we're helping them.