San ✦ Cruella de Vil

Start from the beginning

Hongjoong emerged from the back room, smoothing out his shirt.
"That window display looks nice."
"Thank you. I did stay late last night to get it set up." You grinned, proudly. "I hope it attracts some new customers."
"It will. It looks fantastic. No other storefronts look like ours." Hongjoong assured you, his eyes trailing off to the dog bed behind the counter, your pet Dalmatian curled up asleep inside.
"I didn't even know Valentino was here." He commented.
"Yeah. He's tired today. He's been sleeping ever since I got here."
"Hey. If that window display doesn't attract new customers, Valentino will."

"Yeah, he's a favorite among our usual customers."
"Speaking of customers." Hongjoong pointed towards the front entrance.
Someone was standing outside in front of the display window, you couldn't see them too well from where you were sitting, though.
"I'm gonna go work on those boots. Just call me if you need me."
"Sure." You nodded, watching Hongjoong disappear behind the beaded curtain separating the front of the store from the back.
You stayed sitting behind the register, assuming the person outside was just perusing and most likely wouldn't come inside.

Just then, the door to the boutique opened, catching your attention. You turned your head and watched as a man with unique half black and half white hair strode into the store. He wore pinstripe pants and a white dress shirt unbuttoned at the top, a tight corset cinched around his waist. On top of the entire ensemble was a cream-colored fur coat draped over his shoulders. His entire appearance practically screamed high fashion and you were left speechless as you stared at this incredibly well-dressed man.

"What's that in the display window?" He asked, pointing with his cane.
"A jacket."
"I know what it is. I'm not stupid. I want to know who made it."
"I did." You answered.
"It's wonderful."
"Thank you." You were surprised to hear this man's praise. "Would you like to see it up close?"
"What kind of question is that?"
You stepped onto the platform in the display window and removed the jacket, bringing it to your new and eccentric customer.
He held it up, examining it, running his gloved fingers over the embellishments on it.

When you first got a hold of it, it was a measly little leather jacket with a couple holes in it, but now it looked like something completely new. You put a couple patches printed to look like newspapers on the jacket to cover the holes and added hundreds of studs and chains to it. To top it off, the word rebel was hand-painted on the back in sharp, white letters.
"I'll take it." The customer finally spoke.
"That's wonderful. Let me ring you up."
He followed you to the register where he paid for the jacket.
At this point, Valentino had gotten out of his bed and wandered around the counter.
"What a cute dog." He commented.
"Thank you. His name is Valentino."
"Like the fashion designer."
"The very same."
"Hm." The man gave a hum of what seemed like approval.
"You know, I just put that jacket out last night. You're the first one to show interest in it."
"What can I say? I have an eye for fashion." He grinned.
"I'd say you do. Your outfit is incredible."
"Oh, this?" He questioned as if it were nothing. "I just threw this together."
Your brows raised at his nonchalance.
"Well, darling, thank you for the jacket." He gave you a wink, retrieving the clothing from the counter. "Perhaps I'll see you around."
You blinked a few times as you watched him stride away, your cheeks feeling slightly warm at the nickname darling.
"Wait." You called out.
The man turned to glance over his shoulder.
"What's your name?"
"San. Don't wear it out, dear."

Just then, Hongjoong emerged from the back seeing San leave the store. The door closed and Hongjoong turned to look at you in your flustered state.
"Who was that?"
"San."
"San who?"
"I don't know, but he was beautiful."
Hongjoong let out a snort. "You're drooling."
You brought your hand up to your mouth, not feeling a thing.
"Am not."
"You were about to."
You rolled your eyes, choosing not to argue back.