🥀Chapter 21🥀

Start from the beginning

"Why?"

I breathed out, the pain coming in massive waves as the drugs began to wear out.

"Because you're a fucking doormat darling and you need to know your place."

She brought her beautifully sculpted face towards me once more and at that moment nothing seemed uglier than her snarl.

"And that place is right under me, always beneath me you stupid pathetic girl.

Then everything went dark.

                                  ~•~

Numb

That's all I felt as I made my way into the school hallway the next day after Ella's revelation.

Something my brain has been finding hard to wrap around since the moment I heard it.

I watched the usual early morning chatter in dull passing, watching their smiles and wondering if all these people knew Za.

If they had even bothered to stop and wonder about her, wonder with guilt in their hearts regarding her unfair treatment and came to one conclusion.

No one cared.

Everyone forgot all about her and moved on with their lives, it was almost like she had never existed in the first place.

She was disposable, everyone was.

From my side I made eye contact with Ella who gave me a little nod of acknowledgement.

Nodding back at her I pulled out my phone and texted her a two digit figure pressing send.

Her phone pinged with my text and she retrieved it giving me a single nod of understanding onece more and headed in another direction all together.

Looks like my plan was in motion.

Scowling slightly at anyone that made eye-contact I trudged to my locker and stopped rather confused at the sight of an anxious looking Poppy right in front of it.

"What are you doing here?"

Jumping in fright at my sudden appearance she clutched her chest dramatically.

"Christ Zuri you scared me"

"Why are you here Poppy?"

She sighed at my annoyed tone her gaze on me softening to apologetic.

"I came over to apologize for my outburst from before" she moved closer to me eyes pleading, "to be honest I was really worried about your sudden friendship with Rose but then I had the time to ponder and figured you must have your reasons"

She held onto my hands and a foreign feeling washed over me, making me slightly uncomfortable.

"Besides you're badass so I know you can handle yourself just fine, I'm so sorry Zuri"

I shrugged disentangling myself from her hold.

"It's cool, can't say I exactly liked your approach but it's all good now so why don't we start by not being touchy alright."