You're hired

~Chapter 2~
You're hired

Charlis POV:
Wow my boyfriend from high school.
Never thought I'd see him again.
He's hot, but I'm not gonna do anything with him because I want to hire him. I don't sleep with my co workers. He's actually nice and he's not scared of me.
I haven't asked him any questions about the job but I don't really care about any of that stuff.

Well, I want to hire him. I really do. But he knows too much. He knows I was doing...things with that Evan guy.
I can't risk him telling my husband.
Neither can I risk him telling my department. I could get fired.

He wouldn't though?

Would he?

Chase: "so are you gonna ask me questions about the job?"
Charli: "yes. Do you promise not to tell ANYBODY about what you saw?"
Chase: "what did I see?"
Charli: "you know."
Chase: "ohh. yeah of course. I promise I won't tell a soul"
Charli: "swear on your life?"
Chase: "yes."
Charli: "ok, you're hired"
Chase: "wait really?! That's it?!"

I nodded
He walked over to me and hugged me.
Chase: "thank you Charli! You don't know how much this means to me"
I smiled
Charli: "no problem."

I think I made the right choice. I think we could be good friends and considering I don't have any friends, this could be good for me.

Chases POV:
I can't believe it!
I got the job. This is gonna do so much for me, Blaire is gonna be so happy. I can finally have some money to support the baby.

Chase: "so when do I start?"
Charli: "start now, can you get me a decaf coffee. That guy still hasn't come
back with mine"

I nodded

Charli: "oh and also, I hope can we keep this professional?"

What does she mean by professional? She thinks I'm gonna sleep with her? We dated years ago?! I mean yeah she's hot- shut up. That's not cheating is it? No. It's not.

Chase: "charli, I'm not single"
Charli: "ok?"

She thinks I'm still gonna sleep with her even if I'm with someone else

Chase: "sorry if you got the wrong idea but I'm not sleeping with you"

She started laughing

Charli: "that's not what I meant"
Oh.

She laughed more

Charli: "Professional as in, no talking about personal things on the job"
Oh- this is awkward-

Chase: "oh-"
I laughed

Charli: "plus you aren't my type"

Huh.

What? I'm not her type? Then what is her type? Well it's not like I care but why?? I'm everyone's type?

Chase: "I was your type In high school"

I quickly left to get the coffee.
I went to the coffee machine and made a decaf coffee.
I took it and brought it back to her office.
I walked inside

Charli: "yeah you were my type 10 years ago, not now"

I rolled my eyes

Chase: "we still on this topic"
Charli: "yup"
Chase: "mmm, I think I still am your type"

She rolled her eyes

Charli: "you aren't"
Chase: "you remembered me. It's been years, I had an impact on you all those years ago. I think I am your type"
Charli: "I remember you as the guy who took my virginity."

Oh-

Charli: "now the real question is how did you remember me. I'm your type aren't I"

She smirked

Chase: "actually yes. You are my type"
Charli: "oh really, what is your type"
Chase: "a beautiful, smart, hard working girl and unlike you I don't just remember you as the girl who took my virginity, I remember you as the first girl who I fell in love with plus you look the exact same as you did when you were 16"

Charlis POV:
This is just sad. That was probably the nicest thing someone has said to me in years. And it's from my assistant, not my husband, not my step kids. My assistant. Oh what id give to have someone who gives me complements for no reason.

I don't need them obviously, I know that I'm gorgeous, I know I'm smart... kinda. I don't need people to tell me I am, I just want them too. It's nice getting a complement once and a while.

Charli: "thanks Chase, I appreciate it"
Chase: "no need to thank me. I was just describing my type"

I don't know if he knows that he's sorta flirting with me?  I don't think he does?

Chase: "is there anything else you want me to do?"
Charli: "no, take the day off. You'll start tomorrow"
Chase: "really?"
Charli: "yea"
Chase: "thanks"

He walked to the door.

Chase: "bye love, have a nice day"

He smiled then left.

I have no work to do today. What shall I do. 

Chases POV:
First day, done.
That was surprisingly easy, well I guess I got really lucky with my boss. I don't think I would have gotten hired if we didn't know each other before hand.

I arrived back at my house and walked inside

Chase: "I'm home"
Blaire: "how was it?"

I walked up to her

Chase: "I got the job!"
I smiled
Blaire: "that's great cole!"
Chase: "funny story actuall-"

I was cut off my her going on her phone.

Chase: "blaire?"
Blaire: "hm?"

She didn't look up from her phone

Chase: "so the interview- never mind."
Blaire: "yup"

Okay. Well, guess she doesn't want to hear about it.
Oh well.

Time skip ⏭
3 hours later

Charlis POV:
I came home from work and walked in the house. I put my purse down and walked up to my room.

I looked in my bag- shit- shit- I need these papers done my tomorrow- what do I do?? I haven't even started it?!

I picked up my phone and dialled a number

Chase: "hello?"

Charli: "hey can you come over"

Chase: "how-"

Charli: "I know I know, it's after work hours but I really need help-"

Chase: "I was actually just asking how you got my number but yeah Il be right over"

Charli: "thank you chase!"

Chase: "no problem, it's my job isn't it?"

Charli: "yup"

I smiled and hung up.

A/n
Hehe hope you guys enjoyed the second chapter! I know you guys want drama but I need to sorta get the book started before I add any, so do not worry they'll be drama hehe
Stay tuned

Comment something random!! Hehe

Word count: 1060