"Shit." Kojima muttered, glancing between Nakamoto's knee and her face, making sure she was okay.

"I'll take her to the infirmary, they should provide us a ride to the hospital from there if they haven't called someone already." Aoki said, waving over Matsuno to help hold Nakamoto up.

Kojima nodded, carding a hand through his hair as he looked back at Nakamoto.

"Stay strong kid, I'm sure it's nothing serious."

Nakamoto looked up, her eyes groggy from pain as she forced herself to give him a small smile and nod.

Aoki switched out with Nakayama before Matsuno switched out with you, your teammates all giving Nakamoto worried looks as she lightly snickered.

"Don't give me that face, I'll be fine." She assured, looking around as she offered them a small smile. Her eyes landed on you, steps away from her hand as she gave you the biggest smile she could muster. "And you, others would think you were the one who got hurt instead of me." She hummed, reaching up to wipe one of the fallen tears from your eyes.

"I'm fine, just go out there and win this thing." She looked across the rest of the team, offering them a small smile. "Okay?"

You all nodded, Nakamoto humming as she let Aoki and Matsuno take her away.

Needle-like pains shooting through your chest as you saw her limp away, her faint hisses reaching your ears.

You turned back to Kojima when he cleared his throat, wiping away the tears you hadn't realized you were shedding.

"Kaneko, you're in for Nakamoto." Kojima said, turning to Kaneko as she nodded slowly.

She started to warm up as Kojima talked over tactics, making sure that Kaneko was catched up with everything before the whistle blew.

Once it did, you heard Kaneko's breath hitch, her face pale as Kojima sent you all back to court.

You came up besides her, resting a hand on her shoulder as you gave her a small nod, hoping you'd give her some sense of comfort.

Though from an outsider's point of view, it'd be a silly exchange. The girl with puffy, red eyes who was crying no more than five minutes ago over her seniors injury, offering another player support and comfort despite not having it herself.

Either way, she seemed to loosen up a bit, nodding back as you walked over to your position, readying yourself for what was to come.

Shiratorizawa v Wanaka 1-1

0-0

...

To say that Kaneko was nervous, would be an understatement.

Her movements were stiff and her sets were sloppy, even her apologies seemed unnatural.

"Kaneko-chan!"

Goto called out, bumping it up higher than she would've normally and giving Kaneko time to avoid pressuring her.

"Right!" You called out to her, lifting a hand before starting to run. You didn't like calling for the ball, you never did so since Nakamoto liked to have her options open, but since you always practiced with Kaneko, it'd be easier for her to link up with you.

She hummed, setting it back to you in a rapid speed you weren't anticipating, nor practiced before.

You tried to hit it, swatting at air as you looked to the side, watching it glide off court as you landed with a huff.