Someone's Hope

The day before Y/N's departure to Paradis Island Part 3

"You see, those workers that we have are homeless. Those families were just living on the streets, walking day and night just to ask for help."

Flashback 4 months ago

Y/N and her mom went to the grocery for her upcoming 6th birthday the next day when Y/N saw some kids asking for money or food. Y/N who's holding her favorite food that time went out of the store without her mom noticing.

After a while, Mrs. Gojo's heart beated fast as she noticed that her child is missing. She then went to the security and search for her child. When the security saw her photo, they instantly said to the old woman that the girl went out the store. The man pointed outside and there she saw Y/N sitting beside 4 kids and talking to them happily. Y/N just talked to the kids and laugh at them casually as she let them eat her favorite food. The people around them just look at the 4 kids with disgust while being good and gentle to Y/N which Y/N didn't like.

"Thank you very much for the food uhmmm?"

"I'm Y/N! You can call me N/N if you want to." Y/N said as she lend her hand to the kids for handshake. Y/N noticed how the kids hesitated in taking her hand.

"Huh? What's wrong? Is there something wrong with my hand?", Y/N innocently asked as she looked at her hand checking it. The kids just shook their heads aggressively as an answer.

"I-it's just that, o-our hands were very dirty. You might be dirty if we shake your hands too.", the little girl with green hair whose about the same age as Norman shyly said.

"It's fine with me! Your hand is still a hand. Hands are meant to be used for handshake. You see, I don't have any friends so I would be very glad if all of you can be my friends." Y/N smiled, reassuring the 4 kids that it's fine.

"I'Im Gilda, Y/N-niisan."

"Don!"

"Emma here! Nice to meet you N/N-niisan!"

"My name is Ray."

The 4 introduced themselves while shaking the hand of the little girl.

"Uhmm.. I supposed all of you were just 3 years old right?", Y/N asked as the three nodded. "Where are your parents?", Y/N noticed how the three lowered their head.

"Oh. Sorry for asking."

"It's fine! As you can see niisan, we're just living at an abandoned building. There are also adults who's taking care with us and all of the adults living their were jobless because people don't want to accept them because they said they're dirty and uneducated. Luckily, we found that place and that abandoned building became our home sweety home.", the girl with orange hair said smiling as happy moments flashed in her brain. Despite their condition, they still looked contented and happy for what they have.

"Uhmm... Can I meet all of them?", Y/N gently asked.

"Ehem!", a fake cough can be heard from the back which made Y/N smiled awkwardly. She already knew who it was just by hearing the voice.

"And where do you plan to go, young lady?", Mrs. Gojo asked with her arms crossed to the young Y/N. The 4 little kids just stared at the woman who's dressed up with fancy clothes.

"Uhmm.. I.. I just want to meet their friends. Can we go mom?", Y/N tried to convince her mom with her cute gesture making Mrs. Gojo sigh because of the fact that she can't resist you. Your mom just nodded and smiled as a response which made your eyes gleam more.

The six of them turned to an alley and walked a little bit further and reached an abandoned building. The building was filled with homeless and hungry families. Y/N's eyes watered seeing the people's situation. Seeing the children crying because of hunger made her tiny heart shatter.

Y/N let go of her mom and immediately run to the old man who's coughing hardly. Y/N immediately opened the cap of the water bottle she's holding and let the old man drink all of it. The old man thank the little girl and went shocked seeing the little girl's clothes.

"Young lady, w-what are you doing here? I-it's dirty and smelly in here, this place is not fit fo----", Y/N tapped the old man's shoulder, telling him to stop with a smile on her face.

"I'm not here to judge mister. Would you mind if.... I'll help you a little?", Mrs. Gojo suddenly went to the girl's back and kneeled in front of the man with a smile.

"Help?", the old man asked confusedly. Mrs. Gojo and Y/N just nodded in respond.

"I heard that mom needed workers for the house. We would like to ask if, all of you are willing to work there?", Y/N asked still wearing her gentle smile.

"When you say all, do you mean all of us here niisan?", Don asked hesitantly which Y/N just nodded in response.

"Well not all of you of course. I don't want to see kids like me working, I felt bad about it *laugh* Well I have a brother and he has books so I think y'all could be friends with him too. All of you will study okay?", Y/N said as she gave the little boy a reassuring smile.

"B-but, we can't accept your offer, young miss. We're not fitted to work for such a noble lik----", the old man stopped as he felt a hand in his shoulders. Mrs. Gojo just smiled seeing her daughter smiled with kindness.

"Actually, it's my birthday tomorrow. My 6th birthday, specifically. I don't have friends and only the 4 of us will be there, it would be sad to celebrate that way right? Would you like to help us, instead?", Young Y/N smiled gently as she let out all those words to the man.

The old man cried as he heard the girl's words. He's very grateful. He never thought that someone would accept them, that someone would look at them as a person. Most of the people just looked at them with disgust as if they were a plague that are needed to be avoided but this little girl didn't show any of that. She showed them kindness. She showed them hope. She showed them that the world is not that bad to live for.

"We will be happy to serve your family, young lady.", the old man said smiling as he lowered his head a little as a show of gratefulness and respect.

------

Geto's mouth hanged open after hearing what Satoru said. He looked again at the houses that are well built with good furnitures, the smiling faces that greeted them and the laughter that he heard, no one would know that they were those people that Satoru mentioned who we're hopeless. All he can see in this place we're hope, contentment and love. He then looked at the girl who's silently sleeping on the white haired man's embrace.

"She's an angel."