Chapter 45

Sakura Pov

When Chiyo and Jiraiya-san arrived a weight felt like it had been lifted from my shoulders, but I felt so helpless not being able to help bit Naruto and Chiyo fight Pain. After a while dust flies everywhere along with a dark energy, "What is this?"

Both Jiraiya-san and I cover our faces, this chakra feels just like that day. Jiraiya-san looks over at the Hyuga, "What happened?!" He hesitates for a moment, "Pain had immobilized both Lady Chiyo and Naruto but Lady Chiyo managed to break free...." My stomach drops at his expression no she can't!

I look down there just as smoke blast the whole creator, "What's happening with Naruto?"

"I don't know how to describe it but he has six-tails now at this rate he can change into the nine-tails." My eyes widen slightly, that's even more than last time! Jiraiya-san jaw tightens, "Lady Katsuyu please let everyone know to evacuate the area it's not safe anymore."

"Naruto and Pain there leaving the village, Naruto's in nine-tails mode and Pain is running form him." That's all I needed to know and I start running to where Chiyo should be, "Sakura wait!" I ignore Jiraiya-san's yells and run as fast as I can, I fall on my knees when I reach her. A black metal rod was sticking out threw her back right where her heart was, a sob escapes my lips as I clamps my hand around it and pull it out.

I roll Chiyo onto her back and place her head in my lap, her lips forming a bloody smile. "Even in death you smile you baka...." A tear falls down my cheek and onto her face, I run my fingers threw her hair. She looks so peaceful, I ignore the four that land behind me. "Chiyo!"

"N-No she can't be."

Tears stream down my face, "Lee, Neji, Tenten lets give her some space."

"Hai..."

I clench my eyes shut, "You weren't supposed to leave me Chiyo, you promised me you would always come back!" I sob loudly now not caring if anyone came around me, I just want Chiyo back! A hand touches my face and I open my eyes quickly to find the teal eyes I love so much staring back at me. "And I always will come back."

"I-!" She sits up and pulls me into a hug I clench the front of her torn shirt, "Your back...." Her arms around me tighten, "I'm sorry for making you worry." We stay like that for a few more minutes before she pulls away, "Can you help me find my Touchan and Kasumi?" I nod and stand up first, Chiyo stands wincing slightly.

"Careful baka." I put her arm over my shoulder letting her put some of her weight on me, Chiyo smiles down at me. We walk towards the crowd, when we get closer I see someone pushing threw the crowd. It was a tired Kasumi but as soon as her eyes land on us, they shine in the sun and she runs towards us the best she can. Chiyo removes her arm and walks a little ahead of me limping slightly, Kasumi knocks them both to the ground burying her face in Chiyo's stomach.

"You know for all the teasing and calling me old I'm surprised ya missed me." Kasumi laughs breathlessly, "Oh just shut up Oneechan your ruining the moment." They both laugh as the crowd cheers for Naruto and throws him up into the air. Lord third and Jiraiya-san coming over and hugging the two siblings on the ground.

When the crowd puts Naruto down he makes his way over heading straight towards Chiyo who quickly stands as best she could. Naruto had his fist clenched and head down, "Look how far you've come Naruto..." Naruto closes the distance between them pulling Chiyo into a hug, "Never do that again..."

Chiyo chuckles, "I'll try my best Naru.."

(Timeskip next day)

Jiraiya Pov

I sit next to Hiruzen-sensei and Shikaku as we had to have an emergency meeting since Tsunade was in a coma and we had no idea when she would wake up. "We plan to still go after the Akatsuki with the help of all our allies." Ugh why do I have to be here, I get a hard elbow in the ribs from sensei causing me to wheeze a little.

"More importantly there is a pressing matter at hand, I speak of the selection of the new Hokage." I frown at Danzo he's up to something, Shikaku seems to be thinking the same as I am. "Would it not be possible to by ourselves some time until Tsunade recovers."

"Even if just to fill in we need someone to step in until Tsunade awakens." All eyes turn to Sensei, "Then why don't you do it Hiruzen you've done it before." Sensei shakes his head, "My days of Hokage are over we need someone new." The Feudal lord looks at me, "Then why not you Jiraiya I had wanted you to be the fifth Hokage so why not the sixth?" I shake my head, "No with the injuries I received during my fight with Pain I'm going to need time to adapt to fighting again."

"I nominate Chiyo Senju."

"I second that." I look at both Shikaku and Sensei surprised before clearing my throat, "I agree with them as well my Lord."

"Oh how interesting the daughter of Jiraiya and Tsunade, why not sounds good to me. And what do the rest of you think of this?"

"She has saved the people of the village a number of times."

"Other nations do fear her."

"But she is quiet young only 16."

"Chiyo reminds me of Minato and seems wise beyond her years."

"I can't remember who is Chiyo's sensei?"

"That would be Kakashi Hatake."

The Feudal Lord smiles, "Oh so not only is she a descendent of the first and Second Hokage, Chiyo is the daughter of two of the Sanin and had training from the son of the White Fang of the Leaf. And Hiruzen you have trained her as well right?" Sensei nods, "Chiyo is very powerful stronger than anyone in her generation and she continues to grow with each passing day."

"But she is just a child and cannot keep us safe! Look what has happen to this village, can she even be trust for all we know Chiyo could actually be a spy seeing as for the first 12 years of her life where outside the village." I grit my teeth, "You are a fool if you do not see all that she does for this village, and I am not saying this because she is my daughter. Chiyo is an inspiration to her friends and the younger generations of the village to work harder and grow strong to protect there comrades."

Danzo was about to say something but the Feudal Lord cuts him off, "Yes I have decided Chiyo Senju will be named the Six Hokage of the village." I smirk at Danzo's pissed of expression, good who knows what he would have done if he got his way.

Now how will Chiyo take the news....oh boy