Chapter 20

Chiyo pov

"Hmm so you found no evidence linking this incident to the Akatsuki." I nod, "That's right but that doesn't matter it's getting bad and it's going to get worse." Kaachan's face twist into frustration, "My lady I will never forget what we found there." I glance at Asuma from the corner of my eye, "The whole village was destroyed along with almost everyone in it. Then there where more attacks, there where villages hit all along the border all of them Land of Fire villages."

"Asuma we can't assume it's the Rain Village." He looks at me, "I know but the targets where marked with the Hidden Rain symbol you saw it." I cross my arms over my chest, "But doesn't it seem odd to you the way the attacks where carried out, if your asking me its someone else trying to start a war. And if we go into this blindly we will be playing straight into there hand Kaachan."

Kaachan closes her eyes for a moment, "Dispatch a squad of jonin and anbu black ops to investigate the border. And since we don't know the motive behind this there mission is to be kept secret, make sure to tell them not to engage no matter what. Asuma keep your Team on stand by be ready to go at any moment, and Chiyo you be ready as well you are one of the best shinobi in the village so I am expecting a lot from you."

"Understood I'll be going then." I linger back sensing Yamato approach the door, he comes in and smiles at me briefly. "Glad to see your mission went okay." I tilt my head slightly, "You could say that but I want to hear what happen with you guys." I listen intensely as Yamato tells us what had happened, I grit my teeth damn it maybe I could have changed the outcome if I had been there.

"What could they want with the four guardians bodies? They could want to study there bodies to get ahold of there unique jutsu, if they spread across the lands it could be a big disaster." Yamato rubs the back of his neck, "There's another thing Sai was hurt on the mission so I'm forced to remove him from Team Kakashi. There is a young novice monk who was involved in the mission as well even though he is a little uh well..."

"Out with it Yamato." I am not in the mood right now, "Well uh..."

"I see so the four grave robbers where laying in wait for the four of you to show up as if they where expecting you." Yamato nods, "That is correct but I don't think they where after Chiriku it was by that point he wasn't even there with us. I had asked him to stay behind of course its possible like the Akatsuki they where targeting Naruto but how would they know he would be there? There's no way they could be sure that we would have been sent to the Fire temple."

I ponder a moment, "So that could only mean that this guy Sora was the target?" He turns to me, "Exactly and if I'm right I thought it would be in our best interest to have him here with us in the village." Kaachan turns to the window for a moment, "Chiyo I don't care how you handle it but make sure he doesn't cause trouble and stays in line."

"Hai."

"Sakura, Naruto bring Sora in." I move around her desk and stand behind Kaachan's chair when the door opens, "HUH its just and Old Lady!" I slam him threw the door he just walked threw and hold him by the collar of his shirt, "Apologize." My voice was calm but by the fear on his face I knew my eyes said something else.

"I'm sorry!" I drop him on the ground and turn around, "Welcome to the Leaf Village." I mutter going back to my place behind Kaachan who was smirking proudly. I stand in silence as they talk about Sora's stay in the village, "Say Chiyo let's go get Ramen." I snap out of my daze, "Oh sorry Naruto I can't I have things to do."

They leave, "Chiyo what did you think of Sora." I sigh, "He seems like he's struggling to fine himself there's also something....,dark about his chakra Touma is trying pinpoint what it is." I leave soon after jumping roof to roof keeping an eye on Naruto and Sora. It doesn't take long for Sora to start trouble, first victim Kiba and Akamaru.

"And then two more show up....." I watch Choji and Shikamaru walk up to the four slightly hoping Sora doesn't say the F word....

But as soon as Choji drops his bag of chips I know it's to late, damn it! I watch for a few minutes hoping they would stop, all right they have been at it long enough. I teleport right where they where going to collide, "Wood style!" They all get trapped the wood wrapping around there bodies like snakes, "CHIYO!!!?"

I place my hand on my hips, "You know Shika sometimes your to lazy for your own good." He walks over to me, "There was no point in me joining in." I release them, "Now that you've got that out of your systems let's go get something to eat, Asuma is buying!" They all cheer and Asuma chuckles coming out of the tree's, "Guess I don't have a choice." I could feel Sora looking at me but I ignore it and walk with Shika.

Arriving at the BBQ place I sit right next to Asuma and quietly eat, listening to his conversation with Sora. I stand, "Well I have to go." I teleport away before anything can be said, "Touma from what Yamato said about his skill there's no way he got that good on his own especially considering his motives."

"Well you did train yourself remember that Chiyo, but then again you are a special case. We will need to watch from the shadows and report whatever we fine to your Kaachan." I look at the sky at the full moon, somethings coming and its not good at all.