61

—OCTOBER 27Noon—

OCTOBER 27
Noon

Jaya woke up to a bunch of giggling and laughter. She groaned slightly and sat up in the bed before rubbing her eyes. She opened them to see Alan playing with a giggling baby Skyla.

"You are so adorable do you know that" Alan said as he placed kissed all over Skyla's face. She squealed and crawled her baby fingers along Alan's face. "Yes yes you are"

"Well this is a sight I never thought I would love so much" Jaya said scaring Alan. He turned to look at her and she smiled standing up from the bed. Her hands pulled Alan's shirt over her head and she walked to the two of them.

"Good morning beautiful" Alan mumbled to her before kissing her soft pink lips gently.

"Hi birthday boy" She giggled and turned to Skyla who busying herself with her fingers.

"I want to take you somewhere today" He said as he let Jaya take Skyla from his arms.

"Babe I'm suppose to be spoiling you today" Jaya mumbled and cooed at Skyla who smiled up at her.

"I don't want to be spoiled baby. I have everything I want right here" He replied and wrapped his arms around her. He rubbed her fingers along her stomach through the shirt of his.

"You sure you are happy about the baby?" Jaya made sure to ask him to which Alan nodded his head and kissed her temple softly.

"I'm beyond happy baby" he moved away from her only to walk in the closet.

"Okay baby I will take Danny and you get dressed" Jaya frowned at his words and turned to face the closet. "Who the fuck is Danny?"

"Skyla baby. Since her middle name is Danielle I'm calling her Danny"

Jaya raised an eyebrow at him. "You say that like she's some sort of pet. 'I'm calling her Danny" Jaya laughed and shook her head looking down at Skyla.

"You know damn well I ain't mean it like that"

"She should be hungry soon definitel—" Alan shook his head at her words. "I already fed her baby. She has been changed and fed also burped so she will be good."

"Oh" Jaya smiled and kissed Alan's lips. "Thank you baby. I'm going to take a quick shower so can you watch her for me." Jaya laid Skyla down in her crib and grinned at her before turning to Alan who was already nodding his head.

"Go baby I got her"

Jaya sat in the passenger seat of Alan's car jamming to some music as they rode down the road. Skyla was in the back seat in her baby car seat fast asleep.

"Where are we going?" She asked him as she munched on some French fries.

"I have a surprise for you" he said and Jaya gave him a fry.

"Ouu I don't know how I feel about surprises"

"I promise you will love this surprise" Alan sent her a small smile and kissed the back of her hand.

They drove for about twenty minutes until Alan stopped the car in a house driveway. Jaya frowned and got out the car curiously.

A double balcony grey colored house stood in front of her. She walked closer and went on the front porch as she took it all in. "Alan what is this?" She asked him. Alan got out the car and lifted Skyla out of the car seat before following after Jaya.

"Here" Alan handed her a set of keys. "Go inside" he said and Jaya's eyes widened. She unlocked the front door and stepped inside the home.

The house was completely empty inside much to Jaya's surprise. The floor was hard wood that breathed a very dark brown color with walls of a soft grey and white.

Jaya walked further into the home and seemed to end up in the kitchen. It was big and spacious that made Jaya smile. She ran her fingers along the marble island counter that stood in the middle of the kitchen. It had two sinks side by side and a very large and spacious refrigerator.

"Do you like it?" Alan asked her as he stood in the door way of the kitchen.

"This house is beautiful Alan" She replied and turned to him. "Who's house is it? They are very lucky"

"It's ours actually" Jaya's body froze as she stared at her boyfriend.

"What?"

"Remember how I said I do construction work on the side?" Jaya nodded her head. "Well because of that..I have a lot of construction buddies and I gave them a job to do for some help."

"But building a house especially this size takes a while when did you set this up?"

"Would you believe me if I said the day I met you and when I found out you were staying with Mae?" He asked her making Jaya's eyes water.

"I of course didn't know I would be wanting to stay here with you but Mae asked me to help find you a home to stay in. This place was already halfway done anyway so I just paid a few people and had it be put in your name instead of the original buyer. Then I had my friends finish building it."

"A-Alan" Jaya turned around to look around the open space of the home again. "I don't know what to say— oh my god!"

Alan was down on one knee when she turned around. Baby Skyla was laying happily in his right arm while his left held up a small black box. "W-What are you doing?" She asked him making Alan smile at her.

"I'm doing the one thing I been wanting to do since I asked you to be my girlfriend. When I was asking you to my girlfriend, I realized that wasn't what I really wanted to ask you. I really wanted to ask you the question that would bond us forever if you said yes. The question that has me down on one knee right now as we stand in our new home." Alan paused and opened the small box to reveal a diamond engagement ring. "And that is"

"Will you marry me Jaya Avery?"

Jaya's hands covered her mouth and tears fell like water fall down her cheeks. She sobbed and walked over to Alan.

"Your sobbing can only mean two things. You either are crying because you don't know how to tell me no or you are overwhelmed with emotion and are going to say yes" Alan said and chuckled nervously. "And I'm really hoping that it's the second one and not the first one."

"And you would be right" Jaya said making Alan break out into a big grin. He quickly stood up and gathered Jaya into a kiss that had her smiling and giggling against him.

"I love you so much" He said making Jaya smile up at him.

"I love you too" Alan slipped the ring on her finger and kissed the back of her hand softly. He pressed his lips to hers again.

"Welcome home baby"