57

—OCTOBER 15One fifteen pm—

OCTOBER 15
One fifteen pm

It's been two weeks since Jaya has spoken to Alan. He sends her text messages and calls her but she never responded. It wasn't that she didn't want to because Jaya did but she was also scared.

Scared to take that risk. A risk she was already taking and didn't even know it.

"Mommy got a job yesterday baby" Jaya smiled down at Skyla who was dressed in an all white tee with a pink glitter skirt to match.

Jaya is living in Little Bridge now. She is in a small one bed room apartment in the city but is trying to make it work.

"I go in tomorrow but luckily they have a little day care area for you to be taken care of." Jaya knew Skyla couldn't hear a word she was saying but she still spoke to her.

"Now come on let's go. Mommy needs to shop for a work outfit because mommy only has causal clothes here." She picked her baby girl up and secured her in the car seat. Jaya grabbed her purse and baby bag for Skyla before leaving out the door with her apartment keys in her hands.

"Mommy is on a budget right now though so let's hope the mall  clothes aren't too expensive." They left the apartment building and Jaya walked to her car before settling Skyla inside. She made sure she was secure before getting in herself.

The drive to the mall only took about ten minutes. Jaya got out the stroller Alaska brought her and settled Skyla in it. "Let's go on an adventure"

~~~

"Have you talked to her?" Laila asked Alan who was walking through the mall with her. He shook his head no and ran a hand through his messy hair.

"I call and I text but no response. I guess that's her way of saying that it's truly over" Alan sighed and looked at some clothes before turning to Laila who gave him a sad look.

"She loves you Alan. She just needs time I guess to process it all. I mean she has a lot on her plate with baby Skyla and trying to move here."

Alan nodded his head. "I know I just wish she could at least let me say my peace."

"You the one who wanted the stubborn girl" Laila joked making Alan smile and shake his head. He wrapped his arm around his cousin's shoulders and they walked into a random store.

"Have you talked to Renae?"

Laila shook her head. "Josiah told me that he told her what Roman showed him and everything but she still hasn't made an effort to talk to me"

"Well you the one who wanted the stubborn girl" Alan said making Laila send him a playful glare before laughing as she rolled her eyes.

"Sperm donor keeps trying to call me" Laila announced after a few minutes making Alan's eyebrow to raise.

"Yeah?"

"Mhm but I haven't responded. I'm just taking his very expensive gifts and calling it a day" Laila smiled as she shrugged her shoulders.

"Okay Sky are we liking this pant suit?" Alan's body froze at the sound of the woman who stole his heart. He turned around to see Jaya a couple feet away from him and giggling with her baby girl.

"You should go talk to her" Laila said from behind Alan making him shake his head.

"She hates me right now"

"She doesn't hate you" Laila gave him a shove toward Jaya making Alan knock into a clothing rack.

Jaya turned around and her eyes widened at the sight of Alan in front of her. "Uh hi" Alan said awkwardly and scratched the back of his neck.

"Hi" She held the all black pant suit in her hands and turned to Skyla who was now awake in her stroller.

"Can we talk?" He asked him making Jaya look back at him. "Yeah sure"

"I'll watch her" Laila said scaring Jaya completely. "Sorry it's a habit of mine" Laila smiled and turned her attention to baby Skyla as she took her out of her stroller. "Hi sweet baby"

Jaya was led away from her by Alan who took her to an empty fitting room. She turned to face him and played with her fingers nervously. "How have you been?" She asked him.

"Are you really asking me that?" Alan gave her a blank look making Jaya sigh.

"Look Alan I'm sorry I haven't been responding to your messages..I just" She ran a hand down her face and rubbed her temple softly with her fingers. "I just didn't know what to do"

"How about talk to me Jaya?"

"I was scared!" She tried to defend herself as she groaned looking away from him.

"Of me?" Alan took a step back at her words and frowned.

"No of the danger in which you do. I just am scared for myself but also for Skyla." She paused. "I can't lose another baby Alan. I already lost Cyrus. I can't lose Skyla too."

"But you won't lose her Jaya" Alan stepped toward Jaya and took her in his arms. Jaya looked up at him and shook her head.

"You don't know that"

"Yes I do. I would lay my life down for that little girl out there Jaya and definitely for you. I would never let anything happen to you both especially her. I can promise you that with everything in me. I love you Jaya. I just need you to take that leap of faith with me."

"I love you too" Jaya whispered and bit her lip making Alan smile. "I always will" she continued.

"Then be with me Jaya and let me be in Skyla's life. Let me prove to you how much I love you" Jaya smiled and before she knew it, Alan's lips crashed into hers.

And she kissed him back.