55

SEPTEMBER 29
Five o'clock pm

"Jaya will you please just talk to me" Alan asked as he stood holding the car seat in his hands while Jaya unlocked the front door.

"Not only are you doing illegal shit Alan you fucking lied to me. When in the hell do we lie to each other huh?" She snapped and opened the door only to jump in flight when the lights suddenly turned on.

"SURPRISE!" Everyone screamed as they stood in front of a banner that said welcome home Skyla. There was balloons and confetti everywhere.

Jaya sent everyone a fake smile and was greeted with a hug from Laila. "I'm so happy she's home and okay" She said immediately making Jaya pause. She looked back at Alan and looked at Laila before frowning.

"She's your cousin" Jaya stated then gave a flat look.

"Jaya—" Jaya rolled her eyes and walked away from the two cousins. Laila was very confused and turned to Alan who sighed.

"I told her" was all he had to say before Laila's face drop and she looked over to where Jaya was faking smiling and thanking everyone as she hugged them.

"Oh" was all Laila could say and looked to her cousin who had Renae tried to take the car seat from him. He gave her the car seat and walked over to Jaya who had her back turned from him.

"I got cake" Josiah smiled excitedly making Jaya laugh at his enthusiasm. She felt a hand on her back but she didn't turn around only to already know it was Alan.

"Sorry can you excuse us" He asked Josiah who nodded his head, leaving. Alan then took Jaya's hand and led her upstairs to her bed room.

"Jaya come on we need to talk about this"

Jaya let out a laugh at his words and shook her head. "We don't need to talk about anything Alan" she shrugged her shoulders as if it was nothing.

"Jaya come on"

"I was told you everything about me. All the crazy and messed up parts about me I have told you. All I fucking asked was the same in return. But did I get that? No I fucking didn't" she snapped pointing a finger at him.

"You lied to my face and continued to lie to for what weeks? Then you tried to only tell me half of what I asked for. I said what was the family business you claim you inherited." She smacked her teeth with her tongue and rolled her eyes. "You going to tell me 'oh they buy businesses and blah blah blah"

"I didn't want to tell you because I was afraid you were going to act just how you are now" Alan fired back making Jaya laugh.

"No Alan you didn't tell me because you were scared that I would see you for exactly who you are and that's a criminal" she said glaring at him.

"I have a daughter you fucking bastard. What happens when one of your little mafia friends ends up not liking what you sold them and decides to retaliate huh? They realize oh I'm dating you and fucking shoot me in my goddamn head Alan or better yet my fucking daughter" Jaya was beyond angry and was screaming in his face at this point.

"I would never let you or Skyla get hurt better yet killed Jaya" He tried to grab her arms to calm her down but Jaya pushed him away.

"Bullshit! You don't know what the fuck could happen Alan!" She shook her head and walked away from him.

"I won't let them get anywhere near you both!" He screamed back at her but Jaya didn't believe him.

"I can't just believe that Alan. You may not be apart of the mafia but you are fucking dealing with them. And not even just the mafia but many more dangerous people."

"Jaya just please listen to me" he walked to her and took her hand but she pulled it back and turned to him.

"What possibly could you say that could make this any better? My daughter is at risk here fuck me but I'm not letting my daughter be in any kind of risk like that"

"Everything is going to be oka—"

"Don't stand here in front of me with that everything is going to be okay bullshit. You don't know what could happen in the future Alan. You have no fucking clue" She yelled at him making Alan sigh and shake his head.

"Get out" She said pointing to the bedroom door.

"What?"

"Get out!" She screamed making Alan take a step toward her but she kept screaming it. "Get out! Get out! Get the fuck out!"

Josiah bursted into the room with a confused look on his face as he took in the scene of the room. "What the hell is going on here?" He asked Jaya quickly.

"Get him out of here. I want him out" She said as tears started to water her eyes.

"Jaya—" Jaya cut Alan off by screaming "GET THE HELL OUT" she had tears running down her cheeks at this point.

Josiah walked to Alan and gave him a look. "Come on man let's go" he mumbled to him before leading him out of the bed room. Jaya then fell to her knees and cried into her hands.

"I need to talk to—" Josiah shook his head at Alan's words. "Just give her time and space okay? What ever it is Jaya loves you and you love her so it will soon work out on it's own." He said making Alan sigh in defeat. He walked down stairs where everyone was waiting and staring.

They didn't know what was happening but they heard Jaya screams for Alan to get out. They all were confused except for Laila who looked at her cousin with sadness building in her eyes.

"Alan—" he shook his head and walked past everyone. He left out the front door and slammed the door behind him.

Jaya came down the stairs minutes later with tear stained cheeks. "Jaya are you—" Her mother started to ask but Jaya cut her off.

" wheres my baby" she said making Roman turn around with baby Skyla in his arms. She walked to him and took her as she held her close.

"Hi baby girl" she smiled stroking a finger along her face. "Mommy is going to protect you every day until she's gone from this world. You don't have to worry about a thing because mommy is here" She kissed Skyla's forehead and walked upstairs with her in her arms.

"I'm here"