27

MAY 5
Eight thirteen pm

It was raining. Hard.

Jaya sat in Alan's car in the passenger seat with a guilty look on her face.

Alan's hands ranked through Jaya's hair as his lips remained attached to her soft pink lips. Jaya leaned into him and her eyes fluttered close. Her body was on fire and only yearned for Alan at this very moment.

Alan pulled away from Jaya's lips in desperate need for air only to let a slight smile grace his lips. Jaya blushed and looked away only to have Alan use his finger under her chin to have her look at him once more.

"You are strong" he whispered to her as his lips drafted from her lips to eyes repeatedly. "You are beautiful"

A peck.

Jaya wanted more but that's all she could manage to give him was a peck on the lips at his words and a pearly white beautiful smile of hers.

"Oh my god" Jaya said as her eyes widened. The realization of what just happened finally came to her making her put her hand to her mouth in shock.

"What's wrong?" Alan asked genuinely confused on what's wrong with her.

"No no no" she mumbled repeatedly before standing up. She quickly scooted her way out of the booth and hurried out of the diner's doors.

"Jaya wait—" Alan yelled after her and threw a couples twenty dollar bills on the table before rushing after her.

Jaya stood outside in the now pouring rain weather. She continued to shake her head as she covered her face with her hands.

"What's going on— what did I do" Alan asked as he rushed in front of Jaya grabbing her arms. Jaya shook her head and couldn't bring herself to look at Alan.

"Come on it's raining let's get you at least in the car" Alan mumbled when Jaya didn't answer. He walked to his car and helped her inside the car without another word.

They been driving for twenty minutes and Jaya couldn't bring herself to look at the soaking wet man. She ran her hand through her wet hair and sniffled some feeling her nose getting runny.

"Are you okay?" Alan asked her as he glanced at her before looking back at the road. She nodded her head and sighed looking down at her lap.

"Did I do something wrong Jaya?" Alan couldn't help but ask. Jaya shook her head no making Alan frown.

"I shouldn't have kissed you" Jaya started as she moved her hair out of her face. "You were in a bad headspace. You were trying to tell me about your son and girlfriend and I took advantage of you in that vulnerab—"

Alan cut her off by shaking his head and waving his hand. "You didn't take advantage of me Jaya" he glanced at her and put his hand on her thigh. Giving her exposed thigh a soft squeeze. "If I felt like you were taking advantage of me Jaya, I wouldn't have kissed you back." He said making Jaya look at him.

"But you were telling me what happened and I—" Alan shook his head once more.

"You forget that you were telling about your dad too Jaya. You had just finished telling me the story of him when we kissed. So if anything it would be me taking advantage of you then of it being the other way around." He said and stopped the car.

"You didn't" Jaya shook her head in protest making Alan nod at her. "Exactly which is why I know you didn't take advantage of me" he said making Jaya frown slightly.

She looked around them before her frown deepened. "Where are we?" She asked him as the car stood in front of a condo apartment complex.

"My place" he announced to her causing her attention to focus back on him. "It was closer to the diner and we both are soaking wet from the rain. I hope you don't mind"

"It's fine" She sent him a small smile before getting out of the car. She was still in her swimsuit and cover up that hugged her body tight from being soaking wet.

They ran to the entrance of the complex before Jaya pressed on the elevator doors harshly. Alan and Jaya both shivered from the coldness of the wet rain water.

"Of course it rains the day we were swimsuits" Jaya commented causing the wet Alan to shuffle a laugh. She smiled and laughed before the elevator doors opened.

They walked inside to meet mirrored elevator walls. Jaya leaned against the elevator walls and sighed as she looked up at the ceiling which were also mirrored.

Alan pressed the level of his floor while Jaya turned toward the walls and stared at herself in the mirror. Her hands rubbed her baby belly softly while her eyes glazed over her body.

Alan's head turned to see Jaya was already looking at him through the walls. She watched as his eyes slowly raked up and down her body before he clenched his jaw and looked away.

The intensity of this elevator ride had Jaya sucking in a sharp breath before she turned around to face the doors of the elevator.

Her eyes switched back over to Alan before she let her eyes roam all over his body. She felt herself biting her lip as she took in the way his shirt stuck to his body because of soaking wet rain.

Jaya smiled as she noticed the abs underneath his shirt that were peeking out because of him being wet.

"Like what you see?" Alan asked with a smirk on his face as he caught Jaya checking him out.

Jaya blushed.

"I do actually" Jaya said confidently and smiled at him. "I want to see more" she said and with that the elevator doors opened. She sent him a confident wink and walked her way out of the elevator.

With a shift grab of her arm, Jaya found herself immediately pinned to the wall outside of the elevator causing the pregnant girl to gasp. "Don't start something you can't finish Jaya." Alan whispered huskily in her ear. Jaya bit her lip as he kissed her ear softly as his hands grip her hips.

"You really shouldn't say that to a very hormonal pregnant girl" Jaya mumbled looking into his eyes as he lifted his head.

"You right wouldn't want your baby to come out with a big dent in their head." Alan smirked making Jaya gasp before she hit his chest.

"Alan!" She yelled and Alan bursted into laughter as he moved away from her. She rolled her eyes and glared at him.

"Mhm" she shook her head "laugh it up" she said as she watched him laugh at his joke.

She felt herself beginning to smile before she was laughing along with him.

All while standing in of a hallway and soaking wet.