18

MAY 1
Time: seven thirty pm

"Well that was a bust" Jaya mumbled as Alan and her got into the car.

They been looking for job openings all day and filled out a bunch of applications but most gave Jaya a heads up that it might not happy because she was pregnant.

It got to one point that Jaya almost got in a fight with a girl because she kept looking at Jaya's belly in disgust.

"Don't worry we will look again another day." Alan said and she sighed nodding her head.

"You hungry?"

"Starving actually. I use to hate myself with how much I eat because of these little ones but now I don't even give a fuck because my cravings be the fucking bomb." Jaya smiled and Alan pulled out of the parking lot before driving down the road.

"Ready? What do you be craving" Alan asked and Jaya laughed as she thought of them.

"One day I craved a large milkshake but I wanted a Oreo one with extra whipped cream and three cherries on top. The other day I craved pickles and crackles with some oatmeal on top. Now that sounds disgusting as fuck but surprisingly it was amazing" Jaya said as she smiled biting her lip softly.

"god just thinking about it makes me want it now." She said and Alan let out a small chuckle as he shook his head.

"Apparently I might be having a boy and a girl because Lily says since I'm craving both sweet and salty foods" Jaya shrugged her shoulders as he nodded his head to her statement.

"I will never understand the pregnancy of women" Alan says and Jaya looked at him before smiling.

"And you think I do?" She said and he cracked a smile before shaking his head.

"Point taken" Alan pulled into the parking lot of a restaurant before into in the drive thru.

"You ever had Guthrie's?" He asked and she shook her head.

"Well you like chicken tenders right?"

"Yeah of course" Jaya said and Alan nodded before he pulled up to the speaker and menu.

"Hey can I get two tender specials with extra Guthrie's sauce." Alan said to the lady on the mic.

"Is it good?" Jaya asked to which Alan nodded his head.

"Of course but What do you want to drink?"

"Oh a Fanta Orange" she said and he repeated it into the mic. The lady told him the total and he pulled up to the first window.

"Oh here" Jaya said before reaching for her purse to get her wallet.

"No I got it" Alan paid for the food and then went to the second window for the food.

"Check it before I pull off" He said as he handled Jaya the bag. Jaya quickly checked the bag to make sure everything was in there before nodding her head to Alan. He got their drinks and then pulled off.

"I'm telling you this right now that Guthrie's is amazing and you ain't never had chicken tenders with that good of a sauce" he smiled as he drove down the road.

"Oh really?" Jaya smiled and he glanced at her before looking back at the road.

"I'm not really a chicken tenders type of person but I will gladly eat it with some Guthrie's sauce"

"Well this pregnancy gave me some interesting taste buds so we will see" Jaya said as she smiled.

They drove for some time before Alan pulled into a pretty much abandoned parking lot. He parked the car in one of parking spaces before he turned the car off.

"Okay let's see what you think of this chicken tender masterpiece" Alan said as he turned to Jaya. He took some of the white food boxes before opening it up.

"Okay" Jaya said before she took a chicken tender and dipped it into her sauce. Taking a bite, Jaya chewed while Alan waited for her like or dislike of the food.

"Oh this is good" Jaya smiled as she continued eating the chicken tenders dipped in the special sauce.

"See I told you" he smiled before beginning to eat his food as well.

They ate silently for a few minutes before Jaya cleared her throat as she took a sip of her Fanta orange soda.

"So tell me about you" Jaya said as she looked at Alan who was eating some of his bread.

"Well I'm pretty much like the loner dude I guess. Growing up I was label both the loner kid but also the bad boy and I can tell you right now I'm probably neither but both at the same time" He said before eating the rest of his bread.

"Yeah I can get the bad boy vibe from the way you dress but also interact with people" Jaya nods her head as she shrugs.

"I'm not a big social person. In high school I barely talked to anyone unless I really knew them like the group. I hang around the group because they are like family to me. I'm not a big talker either unless It's just a one on one conversation like this one"

Jaya looks at him as she takes in everything he was saying. "So you kind of shy when it comes to interacting with people you aren't comfortable with. But you also don't exactly have the best social skills in the terms of slight social anxiety" She mumbled to which he nodded his head.

"Yeah that pretty much sums it up" He chuckled before finishing the last of his food.

"I get that honestly because I'm a natural shy person and always sometimes immediately think people are bad even though I don't consciously realize that I be doing that sometimes." She said and put her food back in the plastic bag.

"I mean I feel like everyone wants to believe that there is good in people but because of how we might have grew up in a certain lifestyle but also what we just been through as a person, we just naturally feel someone is going to fuck us over and just is a bad person." Alan shrugged to which Jaya nodded her head.

"And that's so fucked up because you would think we could at least have some faith that this world is good but it keeps proving us wrong every minute and day of our lives." She said sipping her soda as she leaned her head against the glass window of the car.

"Especially living in the United States"

"Oh hell nah people who aren't from the United States say there is bad places in the world worse than here which okay in some cases that's definitely true but it still doesn't mean that our emotional levels of living here and living somewhere else aren't some way the same." Jaya said before frowning.

"I think I just confused myself a little bit" Jaya laughed as she shook her head.

"No I get what you're saying. You're saying that in some circumstances and situations this country is more fucked up than a lot of places while those other places beat us in different ways." Alan said and Jaya smiled as she nodded her head.

"Yeah see there you get it" she said moving strands of her hair out of her face as she licked her lips.

"Yeah I do. Believe me I do."