𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖿𝖾𝗋𝗋𝗂𝗌 𝗐𝗁𝖾𝖾𝗅 - (𝗀.𝗈)

you went to the carnival that was taking place with your friend ruby and her boyfriend jay.

you all got along as a three, so it was never a problem, and you didn't normally ever feel like the third wheel.

you all wanted to go on the ferris wheel, so you guys joined the line for it.

when it was finally your turn, the man explained that you could only go on in two's.

"yeah, of course" grace nodded, as she turned to face ruby and jay. "you guys go on together" she smiled, as she went to sit on the one in front by herself.

it didn't bother her really, she wouldn't want to be annoying. she knew they needed time just them.

a man came rushing over and sat down next to you. his hair was brown and quite shaggy. he wasn't the tallest, but his height was good and he had round brown eyes.

he seemed kind of nervous, as he fiddled with his fingers. "hi, i, uh, hope you don't mind that i sat here" he nervously said.

"no, not at all" you smiled, as you looked forward again.

"i just thought that you were really pretty and the seat was empty" he admitted, as she smiled at him and began to blush.

"so, what do you do for a living?" he asked, as the wheel started turning.

"well, i want to be a singer" you sighed. "but, currently i'm a barrister and do the occasional gig" you explained.

"so you have a good voice then?" he asked with a smile on his face.

"like an angel" you smiled, as you both let out a laugh. "no, i'm alright" you nodded, as you turned your body to face him. "so what do you for a living?"

"i'm a doctor" he told you, as your eyes widened with interest.

"oh, wow" you nodded. "so you must really smart then?"

"yeah, i was a geek back in high school" he laughed, slightly embarrassed.

"don't worry" you smiled. "no one knew who i even was back then" you told him. "i was the quiet girl at the back"

he looked at you for a few moments and began shaking his head. "what?" you questioned, in a slightly worried tone.

"i just don't get how nobody could notice a girl like you" he revealed, with a smile.

the two of you shared an intimate moment between yourselves, as you stared deeply into each other's eyes, before you broke eye contact.

"so, who are you here with?" you asked him.

"my friends" he nodded. "they went to get drunk" he told you. "and i just went to the bathroom, then on my way back i saw you" he explained. "what about you, who are you here with?"

"uh, my friends" you said, as you turned your head behind you and he mimicked the same movement. "that's them" you nodded, as you looked at them practically sucking each other's faces off.

"when are you doing your next gig?" the man questioned.

"tomorrow night actually" you nodded.

"well, i'd love to come and see you perform" he smiled. "where are you playing?"

you went into your purse and pulled out an old receipt. you jotted down your phone number and the bar you were going to be singing at. "here's my number" you told him pointing at it. "and this is where i'll be playing" you smiled, as the wheel began to slow down, as you made your way back to the ground.

the two of you walked off together still talking with each other. "so i guess you must work a lot?" you asked him.

"yeah" he nodded. "i barely have time off, it's a surprise i made it here tonight" he chuckled.

"well, lucky me" you smiled. "i suppose it's fate" you joked.

"maybe" he nodded, as your friends walked over to you.

ruby looked on you and smile spread across her face. "so, y/n who is this?" she asked.

"uh.." you said, but paused when you realised you never got his name.

"george" he smiled. "george o'malley" he told you, as you introduced yourself to him also.

"look, we better get going" you smiled, as he nodded.

"yeah, i better get back to my friends" he smiled. "i'll see you sometime soon" he told you, as he walked away.

you looked back at him, as he walked off. he also turned back to look at you, as your eyes met.

'i sure hope so' you thought, as he slowly became smaller and smaller, until he disappeared.