𝗂 𝖼𝖺𝗋𝖾 𝖺𝖻𝗈𝗎𝗍 𝗒𝗈𝗎 - (𝖺.𝗄)

bailey, who was your resident, had assigned you and alex on a patient case.

you were helping a drug addict patient, you noticed alex was acting sad and just not like him.

after you had finished with the patient you ran after him. "hey! alex wait!" you called out.

he stopped, and faced you. "what?" he asked.

"come in here" you told him, as you walked into an on-call room.

alex smirked, and began taking off scrub top.

"no, no, no. stop" you said with your hands up.

"you don't like?" he asked in a jokingly way with his hands up.

you shook your head and let out a chuckle. "i'd be lying if i said i didn't" you admitted. "but, that's not what i want"

"alright, what do you want then?" he asked you.

"you just seemed a bit sad, when we were working on the patient" you explained. "like something was bothering you and i was just wanting to see if you were okay"

alex looked at you with soft eyes. it was almost like he had showed you the real him, the softer side of him instead of the jerk side.

however, he instantly snapped out of it. "why would you care?" he scoffed, about to walk out.

"i-" you said lost for words.

"yeah, just mind your business" he snarled, as he left the room.

"damn" you mumbled to yourself, you weren't really surprised by how he acted, but you were expecting him to be a little nicer.

you ran out after him. "what?" he snapped.

"i just want to know if you're okay" you sighed. "why can't you let people be nice to you?" you scoffed.

"i told you i'm fine" he stated.

"okay, well i'm here for you" you softly said with a light nod, as you turned around to walk off.

"wait" alex sighed. "why are you being so nice to me?" he questioned. "you all hate me"

"look, i care about you a lot, asshole" you sighed, looking at him in the eye as he smirked. "oh, and we don't all hate you" you said mocking how he said it. "at least i don't" you admitted.

he kept that same smirk on his face, as he walked over and leant in and softly kissed your lips.