"𝗂'𝗆 𝗃𝗎𝗌𝗍 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗀𝗋𝖾𝖺𝗍, 𝗁𝗎𝗁?" - (𝖺.𝗄)

{flashback in italics}

you had arrived in rainy seattle, you needed to see your best friend.

he was always your best friend however you did love him, but you didn't think he ever felt the same. you slept together on a few occasions, but you knew that didn't mean anything to him.

he always made you laugh, he never failed to put a smile on your face. he found it so funny how much you talked as well. you two always had a good time, no matter what the circumstance.

he left to go to seattle, since he was starting his internship at a hospital there. after he left, you world fell apart. you lost both your parents, your brother moved to england, you got a boyfriend, just before alex left but he cheated on you, with your cousin. and all you wanted was your best friend. but he was gone.

you got in touch with the chief at the hospital he worked at, and he offered you a place. you were shocked, since it was hard to get a job half way through your first year of internship, but somehow you got it.

it wasn't hard leaving iowa, it was just full of bad memories, you had no one there anymore. before you left you did visit a certain lady just to check up on her.

"helen?" you said as you walked into the library.
"oh y/n, hi" she said as she looked up.
"i'm leaving to go to seattle" you told her.
"to see alex?" she asked.
"yes to see alex" you smiled.
"you'll be okay. please just remember to take your meds"
"come back, to visit y/n and bring- bring alex" helen said.
"i will. goodbye"
"goodbye"

seattle was different to what you expected. it seemed pretty miserable, but you couldn't wait to see alex. you got to the hospital and went into what you were told was the locker room.

there was an intern in the locker room getting ready for work, you thought you'd say hi. "hey, i'm y/n. i'm new here"
"george o'malley" he smiled back.
"i-i have a quick question, do you know who dr bailey is? cause she's my resident"
"yes! she's also mine" george smiled. "just follow me, once you're ready"
"thank you" you smiled, he seemed nice. "i'm slightly nervous you admitted"
"it'll be fine i promise" george said reassuring you. "everyone is really nice, they'll like you. well keep away from dr karev he's a jerk"
"karev?" you said as your face lit up.
"yeah, karev" george scoffed, you sensed there was some bad blood between them.

"i actually know karev" you smiled.
"oh then you'll understand, you know always-" george said before alex walked in.

"o'malley what are you doing-" alex snarled, before realising that you were stood there. "y/n?"
"alex" you smiled, as you ran and gave him a hug. "i've missed you so much you don't even know"
"i've missed you too"

you and alex went to the cafeteria to get food, you both sat on a table by yourselves and you saw the other interns staring. "they're staring" you said awkwardly.
"just ignore them" alex sighed. "so you've got a job here?"
"yeah.." you sighed. "can i be honest?"
"sure"
"my life kind of fell apart after you left" you admitted, as you played with your pasta with you fork trying not to cry. "m-my parents died"
"they what!?" alex said in shock.
"yeah, car crash"

"y/n i'm so sorry" alex said.
"no no it's fine" you said. "well it's not, but i've had my time to grieve, you know?"

alex nodded. "my brother he's in england, he didn't even bother coming back for their funeral" you explained. "and for seb, well he cheated on me, with my cousin"
"wow, y/n i'm so sorry i-"
"i've already told you, i don't need any sympathy it's fine. i just had to see you"
"i'm glad you're here" alex said.
"yeah me too"

later that evening...

you met alex at the bar across the road, he called it joe's. it was nice in there, it was your sorta vibe. "hey" you smiled as you sat on the bar stool with alex.
"hey" he said. "what would you like?"
"just a beer" you said.

"alex, before i left i saw your mom" you told him. he looked up at you. you could tell that seattle alex put up a guard, he didn't show the real him. he made himself out to be a jerk, which he was sometimes but he wasn't as bad as people acted. when you mentioned his arm, you saw his eyes change, he seemed softer, more fragile at the talk of his mother.
"h-how is she?" he asked.
"she's good. she's been keeping on top of her meds" you said. "she asked for me to go visit her at some point, with you alex"
"she did?" he asked.
"she did"
"at some point though" alex said, as he turned off his soft side and put his guard back up.

"alex, i-" you began talking before he kissed you. you were taken back not excepting it. the kiss was good though. you missed it. you quickly pulled away, and began speaking again. "so when would be-"

he cut you off though. "y/n, just shut up and let me kiss the woman i think i love" he sighed, as he kissed you again.

"you think you love?" you asked him once the kiss was finished.
"i-" alex said not really sure what to say. "have i ever told you, that you talk too much?"
"yes, multiple times" you laughed. "you know what though alex, you can't make me shut up-" and then he leant back in for a kiss, that was the only thing he could do that could make you shut up.

"that did" he smirked. "look y/n, i don't think i love you. i know i love you" alex confessed. "this time away from you made me realise that"
"weren't you sleeping with everyone in sight?" you laughed.
"yeah" alex sighed. "but only cause i was trying to get over you"
"i'm just that great huh?" you smirked.
"stop" he laughed.
"alex, i love you too. i always have and i think i always will" you admitted.
"be with me then"
"you want me to be with you?" you asked.
"it's simple" alex laughed. "yes or no?"
"yes of course i want to be with you alex" you smiled, as you kissed him.