𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗒 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝗆𝖾 - (𝗃.𝖺)

you and jackson were best friends but there was always something more, which you both knew you just never talked about it, apart from that drunken night where you both admitted you loved each other, but you lied and said you didn't remember it. even though you thought about it everyday.

you received a letter in the post with a job offer, to work in india and help families, it was such an amazing opportunity for you, but you knew you would miss jackson and didn't know how to tell him.

you sent him a text telling him to meet you in the locker room. "hey y/n" he smiled as he walked. "how are you?"

"i'm good" you shyly smiled. "uh jackson.."

"yeah?"

"i need to tell you something" you nervously said.

"sure, what is it?"

"i've been offered a job, where i can help families that are struggling with their health conditions and i can give them the surgery they need but can't get" you said.

"that's great y/n! you obviously have to take it!" he said really happily, it made you so happy to see how excited he was for you.

"there's one more thing though jackson..." you sighed."i-its in india" you saw his smile fade away as he looked down.

"no that's still great!" he said as he looked back up and put a fake smile on. "this will be really good for you"

"jackson..." you sighed.

"i'm being paged but i'll catch up with you at joe's later?" he said as he stood up from his chair.

"jackson" you sighed again. "i'm leaving tomorrow morning" you said you looked directly into his eyes.

"t-tomorrow?" he asked shocked . "what?"

"it was short notice for me to, i-"

"i'll come around later and help you pack" he said with a smile as he hugged you.

even though jackson acted like he was happy for you, which he was. he was also so sad that you were leaving. he loved you so much and couldn't imagine being without you.

you got home to your small apartment, although it was small and so rundown when you bought it you made it feel like home, plus you had so many memories there; like fighting with alex over who gets the last beer and also comforting him when izzie left, drinking tequila and dancing it out with mer and cristina, baking cupcakes with izzie, having girly sleepovers with lexie, mark coming over when he needed someone to talk to and the pair would laugh for ages, how could you forget the parties when everyone would come over and you would all stay up dancing, and lastly the most important memory of them all when you and jackson admitted to loving each other.

your apartment had so many happy memories, you realised these people were your family. you walked around and saw the chip in the wall from when alex threw a baseball at the wall, you never quite understood why he did that but he did, the pictures on your refrigerator of you meredith and cristina dancing, you and lexie having a karaoke night singing your favourite songs. you walked to your bedroom and on your dresser pictures if you and jackson, some sweet and some silly you let out a small giggle and a tear dropped from your eye. you walked into the living room and there was the pink sparkly hat callie wore the night of arizona's surprise party, once again not too sure how it got there but it just made your apartment. you couldn't believe this was it you were leaving not only your friends but your family and the love of your life, however you knew this was the right thing for you.

you sat down on the floor and took a deep breath. you looked around at all the little things and began to cry. suddenly you heard a knock at the door. 'oh crap jackson!' you thought as you quickly stood up and wiped your tears.