"𝗂 𝗄𝗇𝖾𝗐 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗐𝖾𝗋𝖾 𝗌𝗈𝗆𝖾𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗌𝗉𝖾𝖼𝗂𝖺𝗅" - (𝗆.𝗌)

you were sat in the cafeteria with alex, mer, cristina and izzie, you were all eating your lunch together.
"so how's mcdreamy?" cristina smirked at meredith
"how about you ask y/n how her and mcsteamy are" meredith joked, you practically choked on your food.
"what-?! me and mark? what do you mean?" you asked.
"well you two have been getting close recently" meredith smirked at you
"what no we haven't"
"you're always scrubbing in on his surgeries, she has a point" cristina said
"do you even like plastics?" izzie asked, as she took a break from eating her food.
"um yes i like plastics" you nervously said. "and i can't help that he chooses me to scrub in on his surgeries"
"you two are always together laughing though, are you sure there's nothing going on?" meredith asked
"i am 100% sure" you replied
"please it's so obvious he likes you" alex said rolling his eyes
"what do you mean!?" you asked confused where this was all coming from but at the same time you could understand it you and mark had been spending lots of time together, possibly too much time. you weren't even interested in plastics, but you loved being with him, he brought out the better version of yourself.
"what he means is, we all see the way mark looks at you y/n" izzie said. "and let's not forget the way you look at him"
" i don't look at him in any way!" you defended myself before getting up
"sure" izzie joked
"anyways i have to go now, i'll catch up with you in a bit" you said, before walking off. i heard cristina shout something as you walked off. "have fun with mcsteamy"
"i hate you" you yelled back laughing.

you met up with mark and we discussed the surgery we had coming up. you couldn't stop thinking about what your friends had said to you, 'what if mark sloan did actually have feelings for me' you thought to yourself, until your thoughts changed completely 'that's stupid i mean he's mark sloan and i am, just some resident' you sighed, that was all that was in your head was 'what if mark sloan liked me' and 'but why would he like someone like me'.
mark noticed you were standing there, lost in your own thoughts, "y/n are you alright?" he asked, placing his hand gently on your shoulder.
"um yeah i'm fine" you shyly smiled, you didn't know how to be with him now.
"hm come with me" mark said, not satisfied with your answer. he took you into an on- call room so you could talk in privacy.
"why are we here? " you asked him confused
"so you can actually tell me what's on your mind" he replied
"uhm it's nothing" you sighed
"it clearly is something, look y/n whatever it is i won't judge you" mark smiled looking into your eyes, you felt like you're back in high school and had a crush on the senior, it didn't feel right but you couldn't hold it in any longer. "i like you mark! i like you a lot and i have for a long time now. the truth is i'm not even interested in plastics" you chucked. "nope. i'm interested in neuro but i want to spend time with you. you make me forget all the bad that happens, you make me feel like myself" you admitted. you couldn't believe that you had just told him how you felt, you were so scared to hear his response.
"y/n..." he sighed. you suddenly felt a huge knot in your stomach and felt as if you were going to be sick 'oh my god, i just admitted i had feelings for him and he doesn't feel the same' you thought to yourself. "ever since i met you, i knew you were something special, and i love spending time with you as well." you didn't say anything you just looked at him, you felt better, almost relieved after hearing him say that. then he suddenly he took a few steps forward closer to you and gently pressed a kiss against your lips. "i like you too."

𝐀/𝐍: 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬! 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 <3