𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗀𝖾𝗌 𝗈𝖿 𝗀𝗋𝗂𝖾𝖿 - (𝗈.𝗁)

richard walked over to you with a concerned face. it was the look that you to give families when you deliver bad news.

"y/n" dr webber said with a low tone. "i think you should sit down" he told you.

"w-what is it?" you asked with a small smile trying to hide your worry and fear.

"what i'm about to tell you, might-" he told you, before you cut him off.

"just tell me" you snapped. "just tell me, i can handle it" you nodded. "just tell me"

"derek is dead" he stated with a sad look on his face. "i am so sorry for your loss" he said with tears in his eyes.

you felt your heart drop, hearing this, there was no way he was dead. he couldn't be. you needed your big brother.

suddenly the five stages of grief entered, stage 1- denial.

"what?" you asked as your eyes became glossy with your tears filling them. "he's not gone, he can't be. he's in DC" you nodded, trying to hold them back.

"y/n, he was in a car crash. he didn't make it, he's gone" webber told you.

"no, no, no he's not" you said as your voice began to break. "he's not gone, because meredith would've called me. she would've told me and she would've told amelia and he's not, he's not gone" you said as you let the tears fall from your cheeks.

you stood up and began pacing the room. "he's not gone" you yelled, as the tears streamed down your cheeks. "he is not gone" you repeated, still yelling.

"y/n, i know this is hard" he told you.

"no" you yelled. "i'm not going to  sit down, because he's not gone" you stated.

you stood there looking into space for a few seconds, before running to a supply closet.

you quickly locked the door behind you, before sliding your back down it. "he's not gone, he's not gone" you mumbled to yourself over and over again.

"no, he's not gone, because i'm gonna call his phone and he will answer" you said to yourself as you grabbed your phone out of your pocket and dialled his number.

"hey this is derek, sorry i didn't answer your call. please leave a message" his voicemail said.

you let the phone slip out of your hands, as you came into the realisation that your big brother was in fact gone.

you picked your phone back up and tried to call him again, you still had a tiny bit of hope.

however, it went straight to voicemail once again. you carried on calling it over and over again, but there was no change.

you removed the phone from your ear and threw it across the room in anger.

stage 2- anger.

you walked around the room with tears flooding out of your eyes. "why, why did this have to happen" you yelled, as you knocked all the things off the shelves. "why" you yelled again as your eyes burned from the tears.

you heard a knock at the door, it was alex. "y/n.." you heard him say. "are you okay?" he asked.

"get away" you cried out, from the other side of the door. "just- just leave" you yelled. "i don't want to speak to any of you, just go" you cried.

"what is happening?" you muttered to yourself, as you ran your fingers through you hair. "h-how is he gone" you sobbed.

❀❀❀

you continued to sit on the floor, feeling helpless. you couldn't believe that your big brother had died.

he didn't deserve this, he was an extraordinary brother, husband, father, surgeon, he was an extraordinary man. why did this have to happen?

you heard a knock on the door, and you let out another cry. you really just could not face anyone. you were so hurt that you needed to be alone.

"y/n?" owen called out, as he knocked on the door. "are you in there?" he asked. "please- please, let me in. i want to be here for you" he told you.

you slowly stood up, and unlocked the door letting him in.

"o-owen" you said as you struggle to breathe through your cries. "i-i can't- can't breathe" you told him as you began hyperventilating.

"here" he said, as he handed you a bag. "breathe into it slowly. you're in shock" he stated.

"he-he's gone" you sobbed as you fell into his arms. "i-i don't know what i'm going to do" you cried into his shoulder.

"i know, baby. i know" owen whispered as he held you in his arms. "i know it's hard right now, but you will get through it. i'll be here for you every step of the way don't forget that" he told you, as he pressed light kisses on your head. "he was always so proud of you, you know that, and he will continue to look down on you and be proud"

you nodded, as tears continued to fall.

"i just don't know how i will get through life without him" you whimpered. "h-he's been there for me all my life and i just- just don't know how i can do this without him" you explained.

"we'll work it out together" he told you, holding you tightly. "i'm here for you, y/n" he whispered. "i love you"

stage 3- bargaining

"if only he didn't take that shortcut, he would've still been here" you said with a shaky voice. "he doesn't-" you said, but paused as you needed to correct yourself. "he didn't deserve this, owen. he was the best" you sobbed.

owen looked into your red, puffy eyes that were still flooded with tears. "i know" owen nodded sympathetically.

you and owen stood still, as you rested your head on his chest and he held you in his arms.

you were in so much pain, you didn't know what you were going to do or how you were going to get through this, but you did know that owen was going to stick by you and you couldn't be more thankful for him, being there for you during one of your darkest times.

"thank you" you whispered. "i love you" you told him in a broken voice.

"i love you too" he whispered, pressing a gentle kiss on your head.

A/N: this chapter was written for the lovely fayxoxoh i hope it's okay and what you wanted!

thank you for reading <3