𝖻𝖾 𝖾𝗇𝗈𝗎𝗀𝗁 𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝗒𝗈𝗎𝗋𝗌𝖾𝗅𝖿 𝖿𝗂𝗋𝗌𝗍, 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗋𝖾𝗌𝗍 𝗈𝖿 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗐𝗈𝗋𝗅𝖽 𝖼𝖺𝗇 𝗐𝖺𝗂𝗍 - (𝖺.𝗄)

you were sat in the basement with george. all of the other interns were still working, but you two were sat studying. "what's wrong?" you frowned as you saw george's sad solemn face.

"oh it's nothing" he awkwardly chuckled.

you raised your eyebrows and looked at him. "george, come on. is it all this meredith stuff?" you asked and he gently nodded.

george really liked meredith, however she was hung up on mcdreamy, and didn't feel the same way for george. that wasn't her fault though, however george was feeling down about it all.

"i just feel like i'm not enough" he expressed with a large sigh. "i just want to be enough for her" he said again, placing his head in his hands.

"you are enough" you smiled, gently placing a hand on his back.

"that's the thing y/n. i'm not!" he snapped at you, causing your smile to drop. "i'm not enough you for anyone" he sighed shaking his head.

"listen george. be enough for yourself first, the rest of the world can wait" you told him, with a small smile on your face. you were giving him advice that you probably could've done with hearing as well.

"you just don't get it" george sighed.

"actually i do" you revealed quietly, snapping back at his slightly ignorant comment.

"how" he scoffed. "you could have any guy" he stated, this made you roll your eyes. "and i mean you alex broke up months ago and he's with izzie now" he snarled.

you and alex were dating, but you guys broke up and he was now dating izzie. you still loved him though, and you felt like you were never enough for him, considering how fast he moved on.

"how could you-" you scoff shaking your head in disbelief of how george was acting. "i feel physically sick, that i'm not good enough for alex, that-that he never came back. what makes it worse is that no matter how hard i try. i can't do anything right" she expressed raising your voice with tears in your eyes.

"i see him and izzie together, how he makes her smile like he once made me, and i'm jealous. yep. i'm really fricken jealous. i loved him, i still-i still love him. this may sound really selfish, but i'm fine with him not being with me, i'm fine with him not loving me, but seeing him with someone else and loving them, well that just really breaks my heart" you explained with a broken voice.

"so george, i do know what it's like to not feel good enough. i felt so much, that i've started to feel nothing. i don't know if that's good or bad, but it's how i feel" you sighed, as you realised you could become homesick from people too.

"y/n..." george started, but you cut him off.

"i just... i just wish i could tell him, how much i love him and- and how much i miss him and how much he feels like home to me" you sighed again. "but, i can't do that. he's happy with izzie. i can't ruin that for them. i just wonder, what would happen if he did know"

"guess we'll fine out" george stated with a cheeky grin, pointing behind you.

with furrowed eyebrows you turned around, and saw alex standing behind you. he looked shocked, but you weren't surprised. how long had he been standing there?

"alex.." you sighed, as you began to worry and feel tense.

"shh" he whispered, as he quickly walked over to you and passionately kissed you. you knew he was still with izzie, so you pulled off.

"alex, what about izzie?" you asked him worried about what she had just done.

"she was more interested in her patient, than me" he stated, before expressing his true feelings for you. "but, to be completely honest, y/n. i never stopped loving you. you're my home" he told you, before you kissed him again.

"and by the way" alex said in between kisses. "you have always been enough, in fact more tan enough" he smiled, before placing his lips back on yours.

"guys, i'm still here" george pointed out, disgusted by all the kissing.

the two looked at each other and let out a small laugh, before proceeding back to their moment.