𝗐𝖾 𝗐𝖾𝗋𝖾 𝗆𝖺𝖽𝖾 𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝖾𝖺𝖼𝗁 𝗈𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋 - (𝖽.𝗌)

*this imagine takes place a year after derek's death*

"mommy" your daughter spoke, as she walked over to you dragging her blanket behind her.

"yes honey?" you smiled, as you paused the television.

"do you ever miss daddy?" she asked you.

"i miss him everyday, sweetheart" you told her, as you began to tear up. "come here" you told her, as she walked over and sat on your lap as you hugged her tightly.

"i wish he was here" she cried out.

"me too" you nodded, with a broken voice, as you tried to stay strong.

you both calmed down slightly, before your daughter spoke to you again. "we were learning about soulmates today" she told you. "was daddy your soulmate?" she asked.

"oh, of course" you told her. "we were made for each other" you sighed, as you thought about your love.

"how?" she questioned.

you took a pause, as you thought about how to explain it to her, before you thought of a way. "alright" you said, as you sat up slightly. "what is in here?" you asked her as you pointed at your head.

"your brain" she answered.

"that's right" you smiled. "and do you know what happens in your brain?" you ask her.

"it's how you learn" she told you, as she took a slight pause thinking of what else it could be used for. "i don't know what else" she said.

"it holds all your memories, which make you who you are" you told her. "so all these little stories about you and what you've been through" you simplified.

"like a story book" she smiled enthusiastically.

"yes, a little bit like a story book" you chuckled. "but these little stories, don't mean anything when you've got no one to tell them to" you explained. "but i could tell them all to daddy" you sighed.

"but how did you know you could?" she asked you.

"well he always made feel like a million bucks" you smiled, as did she. "he knew me more than anyone in the world" you told her. "and he always used to try and make sure than i knew he also loved me more than anyone in the world"

"will you ever find anyone like daddy again?" she asked you as she buried her head into your shoulder.

"no" you told her, as you shook your head. "he's irreplaceable" you sighed. "no one will ever compare to him"

"that's good" she told you. "i don't want anyone to take his place" she said as she began to tear up again, which made you also tear up as well. "he was the best daddy in the world" she cried.

you brushed her hair back, as you pressed a soft kiss on her head as tears silently ran down your cheeks. "i know, sweetie" you told her, as you held her in your arms.