*******************************************************

Momentarily catching my breath, I absorb the sight of the simple A-framed log cottage as I enter the circular stone driveway. The homely structure, with its bright red door, perfectly matches Ava's description. Everything appears immaculate and orderly, from the balcony above the porch to the neatly stacked logs by the entrance. Halting in front of the steps, I switch off the ignition and open my car door, welcoming the afternoon chill as it fills my lungs.

Rubbing my hands together, I dart towards the door and swiftly locate the key beneath the welcome mat, grateful to find it exactly where Siobhan said it would be. With a smile, I swing open the door and take in the small yet charming interior, amused at the thought of Alexei's reaction to the less-than-5-star accommodations. Despite my refined tastes, I've always had an affinity for nature and its eclectic allure. This cabin embodies everything the Spur represents.

Surveying the open-plan room, comprising a kitchen, lounge, dining area, and a small laundry space, I'm grateful once more to find the cobblestone fireplace already ablaze, radiating a comforting warmth. Clearly, either Siobhan or Eileen had visited recently.

Swiftly returning to my car, I retrieve my luggage and haul the heavy cases up the wooden staircase to the master bedroom, depositing them in a corner with the intention of unpacking later, if ever. Organization and cleaning have never been my forte; that was always Ava's domain, not mine.

Descending downstairs and rummaging for something to eat, I'm pleasantly surprised to discover the fridge and pantry stocked with both nonperishable and fresh produce. While I may not be a chef, I certainly know how to whip up a mean grilled cheese when hunger strikes. Grabbing an apple from the fruit bowl on the counter, I take a bite before heading back outside.

**************************************************

The journey to Griffin's, now also Ava's, treehouse proves surprisingly easy and relatively quick, taking only 15 minutes to reach. The roads are thankfully devoid of snow, appearing recently plowed, and with the air more dry than damp, it aids my driving, allowing me to maintain my usual pace—FAST.

Gliding down the drive, I park my car next to the others, and my mouth falls open at the sight of the modern, sleek marvel before me. Ava described the treehouse as unique, but this design could easily grace the pages of Vogue. It's a captivating blend of wood, steel, and glass, a two-story, split-level house seamlessly integrated into the mountainside. I want one. Right now!

Ascending the porch, the front door swings wide, revealing Ava's radiant face, her white teeth flashing as she welcomes me. "You found it."

"Wasn't hard. I do know how to follow directions."

"Whatever," she rolls her eyes, seizing my arm and practically pulls me inside. Once again, I'm captivated by the modern design. While the cabin exudes classic rustic charm, the treehouse embodies a polished, modern urban vibe. Stepping into the living room, I find Shay sprawled on the modular leather couch, beer in one hand, remote in the other, engrossed in some sporting event. He greets me with a tip of his bottle, inviting me to the seat next to him with a broad smile on his handsome face.

Still in Ava's firm grip, I wink at Shay before directing my attention to the kitchen, where my eyes widen at the sight of the mountain bustling around, preparing food. Raising a brow at Shay and nodding towards Griffin, he smirks. "What can I say? The boss is house trained."

"You know it wouldn't kill you to go in there and give him a hand," Ava quips, releasing my arm and directing me to the couch.

"And allow all this masculinity to soften? Last time I checked, I didn't have a vagina."