42

"i'm going to get my braces off!" yoongi grinned, the long awaited day had come. yoongi was basically bouncing off walls.

jungkook smiled seeing the boy so happy. that's all he wanted for yoongi, happiness.

"good luck yoonie, i have work but i'll see you after" jungkook reassured as he got ready to work. the smaller boy nodded, "i'm nervous but i'm excited" yoongi said, he was waiting for the clock to move.

"ah yoongi, have you been wearing your rubber bands?" the orthodontist asked, yoongi nodded but that was a complete lie.

he hated them, they were uncomfortable and stupid. he knew he needed to wear them but refused to unless jungkook threatened to not give him cuddles. what was going to happen if he didn't wear them anyways?

yoongi didn't know what the man was doing but he knew he needed to hurry up. he was so excited to get these things off.

"your bite isn't where it needs to be so i'll give you one more month in braces. south korea's biggest influencer needs the prettiest smile out there" the orthodontist said, handing yoongi a pallet of colors.

WHAT?

yoongi froze. no no no. he wanted them off! he wanted to cry, he felt like a little kid.

@min_yoongi

i should've listened to jungkook OHMYSGO I HATE MYSELF ANDNIM SO STUPID

12:03PM • 3 Feb 21

User838399: ??

jeon_jungkook: yoongi? what happened?

Y00NK00KERS: what?

yoongi didn't know if this tightening hurt more or if felt like it hurt more because he was sad.

he had been crying for half an hour. it was probably childish but he really was upset. his whole day was ruined.

there was a knock on the door, he dragged himself to the door to open it, making sure to dry his cheeks beforehand.

"yoongi, you weren't answering my calls" jungkook sighed, yoongi cried into jungkook's shoulder.

"what happened?" he asked, "i-i didn't get my braces off because of my bite" he sniffled, he should've listened to jungkook.

"it's okay, you won't have braces forever. i promise you. just a bit longer" jungkook reassured, mad at some metal. he couldn't believe he would get mad at metal because of the person he loved most.

"my teeth hurt a lot. i bought a sandwich on my way back home to be happy and it hurt to eat" he frowned, jungkook peeked at the kitchen and saw the sandwich which had a bite taken out of.

"don't worry, i brought some ice cream. i'll make you some food" jungkook said, yoongi nodded, his lips in a small pout.

@jeon_jungkook

guys yoongi is not dead, he's just upset. he was supposed to get his braces off and didn't so he's sad