40

tw: trauma, mentions of death

"look! it's all your fault! he's dead because of you! you failed to keep him alive!" yoongi's friend shouted at jungkook, the boy stared at yoongi's lifeless body and fell to his knees.

"i-it's not my fault!" jungkook shouted back at the boy, yoongi's friend grabbed jungkook by the neck and slamming him against the ground, anger on display "he's dead because of you! all your fault!"

jungkook woke up and gasped, his hands shaking. he sobbed into his knees and it felt like he couldn't breathe. that was by far, the worst nightmare he had ever had.

he could still visualize yoongi's dead body in the casket, he hated these nightmares. why him?

he didn't see yoongi next to him so he began screaming, he couldn't move and he began fearing that the nightmare had became true.

yoongi ran into the room, toothpaste in his mouth from rushing, "kook?" he sloppily asked, "y-y-you were dead!" he sobbed, yoongi went to rinse his mouth and went to sit next to jungkook.

"hey baby, look at me. i'm alive and breathing, you see?" yoongi said, trying to direct jungkook's gaze on to him, jungkook felt dizzy. it was harder to breathe.

"h-hyung" he sobbed, he visualization was overwhelming him, "i'm not going any time soon, look at me. in through the nose and out the mouth, you need to calm down" yoongi softly said, taking jungkook's shaking hands into his own, "look at me" yoongi repeated in a more stern voice, jungkook was looking all over the room.

"mhm" jungkook said, "i'm not dead, i plan to stay as long as i can. it was a nightmare, you're okay" he whispered, letting the boy cry into his shoulder.

jungkook fell asleep, he found yoongi's perfume relaxing and good to calm down. yoongi place the weighed blanket on top of jungkook's body, a small sigh leaving his lips.

"morning kook" yoongi said, he was making pancakes for jungkook and him, "morning" he mumbled, his lips naturally in a pout.

"how'd you sleep besides the nightmare?" yoongi asked, setting 2 pancakes on a plate and giving them to jungkook, syrup and fruit separately.

"good" jungkook answered, he wasn't talkative after nightmares, "have you been talking to your therapist about it?" yoongi asked, pouring orange juice in a glass.

the boy shook his head, "you need to bub" yoongi said, sitting across from jungkook to eat, "i will" he said, yoongi smiled and nodded.

jungkook got comfy on the couch and watched tv, yoongi was cleaning around and answering emails.

"are you okay?" yoongi asked, jungkook let out a lazy hum, "i'm not okay but i don't feel horrible" he spoke, yoongi nodded in understanding.

he felt sad seeing jungkook sad, it broke his heart every time, "you know kook, tomorrow we're supposed to film an advertisement for the weighed blankets. if you don't feel okay by tomorrow, i'll delay it, okay?" yoongi said, jungkook nodded, he was sad.

"bub, i don't like seeing you sad" yoongi frowned, "i'm sorry" jungkook mumbled, yoongi furrowed his brows and pouted, "don't apologize, you have nothing to apologize for"