chapter fourteen

Comincia dall'inizio

"Why would it be—" The beeping got faster.

I start running away from the house.

I ain't about to get brunt to a crisp.

"Definitely a bomb!" Kai shouted.

I ran as fast as I could in heels. Once my flight or fight kicks in I definitely run faster.

I was blown off my feet as a loud booming sound went off.

At least I landed in dry grass.

"Fuck! My nail broke." Aurora cursed.

"How did you know to run?" Andrea asked.

"When black people run, you run. You'll get the hang of it. I learned the easy way." I say with a shrug.

"Well thank god I parked my car down the street." Kai mumbled.

"Aw fuck, how am I going to tell my parents our house just blew up?" Kai asked.

"Well thank god our dad left our Mamá, because I could not deal with a father's wrath." Andrea said.

"Um okay," I said and looked at her weirdly.

"Just call your dad, dad's are always soft on their daughters." I say.

Kai took out her phone and dialed Ares number.

"What's up sweetheart? Did you get your food?" He asked.

"Uh dad don't be mad. But the house just kind of blew up." Kai said.

The line went silent.

"What do you mean blew up?" Mara voiced.

"Damn it. I knew he would get mom." Kai mumbled.

"Are you guys safe? Are you still at the house? Do any of you need medical attention?" He asked.

"We're all good Mr. A, just a bruised knee." Andrea said as she slowly got up with a wince.

"Where still at the house, well what's left of it." Kai said.

"Go down to Mcdonald's, I'll call the fire department. I don't want anything on fire flying at you." Ares said.

"We'll talk about this later." He said and cut the call.

"Welp let's go." Kai said and started walking.

"My fucking knee hurts so bad right now." Andrea said.

Aurora let her get on her back and we got into the car. "At least we're getting food." Aurora said trying to lighten the mood.

"I guess." Kai mumbled.

We were now at Mcdonald's. People were looking at us weirdly since we were a little over dressed to be in a mcdonald's.

We sat outside on the curb eating.

I haven't ate since breakfast, i was practically stuffing my face with fries.

"Damn is it good?" Aurora asked.

"I haven't ate since 7 this morning. Leave me alone." I mumble.

I finish my two large fries and open one of my 10 piece chicken nuggets. Multiple cars pull up and a limo.

They all get out the cars. Vida runs up to me. My eyes slightly widen when she takes my face in her hands.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt? Do you need cpr? Mouth to mouth? We can do a little mouth to mouth, i mean if you're cool with it. If you're down i'm down, just give me a sign sweetheart and we can—"