Chapter 74

"Beautiful." Gabriel murmured as he watched Eden unfurl her black and white tipped wings, as they scattered sparkling water droplets everywhere.

"Oh sorry, I did I splash you?" Eden asked. She loved to soak her wings in the pure crystal blue water and lift them out, the water droplets reminding her of stars.

"No, no, your fine." Gabriel replied dumbly. This was his first time he had ever seen or been to a beach and it did not disappoint. The Fell's and Shadwell had brought him to Pampelonne Beach and so far, it was the best part of the entire trip, which was really saying something because there was a long list of things he was enjoying on this trip.

"Ooh look a seashell!" Eden bent down to pick up the shell. They were wading in the shallows and Eden was determined to find some seashells.

"Got it!" Eden declared. "Now if we go just a bit farther..." Eden grabbed Gabriel by the hand and as they waded in deeper, they heard Aziraphale call.

"Lunchtime." Gabriel said, grinning at the look of deep consideration that crossed Eden's face.

"Perhaps the seashell collecting can wait until after lunch." Eden concurred as Gabriel chuckled. Eden simply couldn't refuse food.

"Any luck?" Aziraphale asked as the two of them reached the red and white picnic blanket that had already been laid out.

"Only one so far." Eden replied as she placed it in her tote bag.

"I'm sure you'll find more after you've eaten, dry off first you two!" the angel reminded as the sopping wet couple were getting awfully close to the picnic blanket.

"Sorry!" Gabriel and Eden said in unison as they grabbed their towels, hurriedly drying themselves off so they could eat.

"I know you're staring." Gabriel muttered as he dried his hair.

"No I'm not!" Eden lied, her face flushing scarlet. He was just so...so...ineffable...

"It's because I'm not wearing a shirt is it?" Gabriel asked mischievously as Eden's face turned a couple of shades darker.

"Perhaps..." Eden muttered as Gabriel pulled her into his arms. "Well the perhaps I should consider wearing shirts less often...."

He was feeling the same way about Eden in her current attire, wearing a large hot pink t-shirt and a pair of swimming trunks, like his own, she didn't like how regular bathing suits would always show too much skin. It made her uncomfortable, and Crowley reinforced that sentiment by giving the Archangel a warning glare before they had left the cabin.

But as far as Gabriel was concerned, Eden was beautiful, her skin was tan from all of her time in the sun, her t-shirt had the words "Beach Bum" in large letters with a cat wearing sunglasses on it. And her swimming trunks, dotted with pink roses while his were a dark purple....in hindsight he probably shouldn't have let Aziraphale pick his swimwear for him....

"Release my daughter and go put on a shirt ya bellend." barked a harsh voice.

"Dad!" Eden exclaimed, exasperated.