Chapter 54

"We've been going in circles Crowley!" said Aziraphale as he, Crowley and Star returned to the courtyard, defeated. The scents that Crowley and Star had been following kept leading them back to the bloodstained courtyard.

"Come on girl." whispered Crowley as he knelt down, staring at the black and white dog that was desperately sniffing the ground, trying to decipher the muddled scents...

Suddenly, a figure dressed in black came running out into the courtyard, clutching a bleeding arm. It was the Father....

"Samyaza!" Crowley spat as rage twisted in his belly. "Where's my daughter?"

Samyaza hissed in fury and in fear as he unfurled his wings, taking off with one flap of his magnificent black wings.

"Bastard!" Crowley unfurled his own black wings but before he could take off after Samyaza, Aziraphale grabbed his arm.

"Crowley, Eden's hurt...I-I can feel it." The angel's voice grew desperate. "She's hurt Crowley."

Right when the angel said those words, Star ran back into the Abbey, barking loudly. Star had finally picked up the trail.

The angel and demon ran after Star, Crowley's nose high in the air. The smell of fresh blood filled his nostrils, taking him back to that terrible day...

Crowley felt Aziraphale squeeze his hand, which he realized was shaking again. He squeezed Aziraphale's hand in return and their pace increased.

Star turned the corner sharply and the barking stopped, only to be replaced by whimpering.

"Oh please God-" Aziraphale whispered under his breath as he and Crowley rounded the corner, they were greeted by the grisly sight of Eden and Gabriel, slumped ominously still against the stone wall.