Chapter 59

"Wot?" Crowley rasped.

The next thing Eden knew, the words came tumbling out and she relayed the horrors that she had endured at St. Beryl Abbey.

"He was on top of me.....and when I couldn't push him off....I grabbed my sonic and somehow, a thin stream of blue flame shot out and it burned him and it gave me the time I needed to get away." She paused and was met with a stunned silence.

"When I was under his control, I fought as hard as I could to resist him...." Eden swallowed and continued, "While I was under his control, I heard all of his thoughts.....all of his plans. How he wanted to change me because I wasn't perfect." She paused for a moment. "He didn't like my hair color, or my physique...I know I should lose a couple of pounds and ease up on the sweets....but the worst part was that he wanted to use me as a weapon and be his bride for when he invades Hell...." her voice faltered as Aziraphale pulled her into his embrace, desperately trying to comfort her. The angel's eyes were alight with fury as he spoke, his voice deceptively gentle. "It's over now Little One."

"If I see that bastard I'm gonna fucking kill him!" Crowley spat. Although he knew full well that Aziraphale would do the deed if the angel saw him first, which was fine by him.

Gabriel meanwhile, looked like he was about to leave the cabin right then and there and go hunt Samyaza down, but it was obvious that he wasn't going to risk leaving Eden unprotected.

After a few minutes, Aziraphale was able to calm Eden down.

"Eden, dear, we've had this talk many times. You are perfect as you are, simply and truly ineffable." He kissed her cheek. "Don't listen to that foul fiend and his foul words."

Aziraphale rose from the bed, "Now, why don't you go check on that lovely horse of yours while I prepare dinner?"

Eden nodded and Star followed her out of the room. "Gabriel, please keep an eye on her." Gabriel nodded curtly and he dashed after Eden and her dog.

"Angel, she should be resting." Crowley said, confused.

"Eden has been confined to a bed for far too long, dear boy." Aziraphale murmured in reply. "She can rest later."