Chapter 65

"So that's the name of that painting." Gabriel murmured as he gazed at a single painting of a elegant looking woman dressed in black, protected by a thick layer of glass.

"Yep, the Mona Lisa." Eden beamed.

Crowley had a small replica of the Mona Lisa in his study, which blocked the small safe where the demon had been keeping a secret stash of holy water....but Gabriel didn't want to think about that...not now...

"My parents were there when Da Vinci painted this, they inspired him after he had been down in the dumps for awhile."

"How did they inspire him?" Gabriel asked, curious.

"Daddy, was supposed to tempt him to vandalize the some buildings, be a drunk and throw away his ambitions to be an artist, but Papa changed his mind by taking him and Da Vinci out for the finest wine. Daddy's heart wasn't in it anyways, he practically let Papa take over the assignment."

"Is that so?" Gabriel remembered the report Aziraphale had sent him....the Principality had told a very different story in the report of course.

Eden nodded. "The three of them ate the most delicious food and afterwards, drank for hours on end and when they finally sobered up; Da Vinci painted Mona Lisa and painted a picture of my parents. He painted two versions, one being a single piece and the other where each one could have their own half."

"We should do that sometime." Gabriel said, wrapping his arm around her, hugging her close.

"Find an artist to get drunk with?"

"No silly, get our picture together. Human technology has advanced enough to where we don't need to model for a painting."

"That does sound lovely, speaking of which, I forgot to take a picture of the Albani Lion, I'll be right back. Keep an eye on him for me will ya Mona?" Eden said, flashing a smile at the painting.

"Hurry back Edie." Gabriel replied as he watched her whip out her cell phone, shaking his head.