128

Work is stressful, but my forbidden boyfriend is hot and knows how I like to relieve stress. Like him leaning back with his hands on the bed bracketing my chest and my hands on his ass... Or me on my back and Griffin lying sideways on top of me with his leg thrown across my chest and my hand holding his other leg up while I drill into him...

I've finished my residency, passed all my final boards, and now I can officially practice independently as a licensed physician. Of course, I have to keep up with Continuing Medical Education, in order to stay educated and up-to-date on the latest research and best medical practices. But here I am, thirty years old, and finally a doctor.

Since I'm leaving the hospital and the state, I break it off with Griffin. I've already gotten to third base with him. A million times. What is there left to look forward to? Plus, long-distance is hard. Cheating happens.

But he did teach me that I prefer men's asses. I like it firm and muscled, a little hair around it. Men's bodies are firm and strong and solid like statues, and it took me a while to see it but I can't unsee it now.

I auditioned years ago with an agency; they paid for me to visit a professional photographer, and I ended up signing a contract. Now I'm making solid money, and got featured in my first big mag.

I break open a bottle of champagne alone in my empty apartment, playing and replaying Em's congratulatory voicemail.