Chapter 18 - Initiative

Start from the beginning

"How is college I mean how are your studies going", he asked trying to initiate a conversation.

"Good", she said curtly.

"How's Kushal", he asked and she didn't failed to recognize the fondness in his tone.

"Good", came the same reply again.

"Is he still mad about food", he asked wanting to initiate a conversation with her wanting to know her.

"Bahut apko pata hai humne naa sath mein join kiya tha ID toh shuru mein naa voh mujhe sara din kitchen mein lagaye rakhta tha kyuki mein apna khana khud banati thi Yeh college valo ki food service bahut bakwas hoti hai", she made a face.

"So you love to cook", he asked.

"Afcourse bohot I mean not aise tarifon ke liye lekin joh khana khane vale bande ke face pe satisfaction hoti hai naa uske liye", she said smilingly.

"How sweet", he said smilingly unknown to the fact that she has heared him and the moment is ruined as she closed her eyes wanting to ignore him.

Till the time they reached Mumbai Sana was fast asleep at her seat. Not wanting to disturb her sleep he carried her sleeping figure in his arms to which she stirred in sleep but then snuggled into him closer and the act spread warmth around his body. He was elated with the feel of carrying his wife in his arms. As he reached Shukla Mension everyone including both the families was gathered in the hall as if waiting for him.

"Sidharth tujhe bola tha naa ki zabardasti nahi karna utha ke kidnap karke leh aaya tu use", Mrs. Shukla said.

"Koi baat nahi biwi hi toh hai voh uski", Mrs. Gill said.

"Maa haar baar mein galati hi karu Yeh zaruri nahi hai, voh apni marzi se aai hai voh soh gayi thi toh maine jagaya nahi aise hi leh aya aur choti maa beshak biwi hein toh iska Yeh matlab nahi hai ki uska consent matter nahi karta", he said with a defeated sigh and saying so he climbed the stairs.

He gently placed her at the bed and settled beside her as she shoved her face into his stomach. He patted her head while sitting uncomfortably with his head resting at the headbard, he closed his eyes too. He felt as a failure today, the way she was reacting when he met her it was devastating him. The fear which her eyes held at that moment has churned his insides.

The two days which she has spent with him before she was being all feisty and fierce, the fire in which he was ready to burn in but today that kittenish mewl, that scared girl it did something to him. He loves to see fear for him in people's eyes but not hers. He might be a mafia but he isn't one of those who likes to treat their women as slaves or one of those who scares their women to keep their ego satisfied. He is one of those who loves their women to fight back with the men himself if they are wrong in place. He knew he is wrong among them and he wants her to fight him, taunt him, hurt him just like he did to her. That scared look was haunting him.

When people talks about him his name is taken later than his success, his aura, his fear, his determination towards his work and how successful he is. But only his heart know how big of a failure he is and whatever happened today just added onto it. He failed to protect his Zeenat and he failed to protect his Zeenat's shadow his love his wife too.

The thoughts were ruining his sanity but the women lying in his lap was the one who can make him sane again. With numeral thoughts clogging his mind he gave into darkness as sleep consumed him. Thankfully, he was at a day off so his weapons won't miss him too as he has told them already. (Ironically)

It was almost an hour later when Sana opened her eyes groogily only to found herself in someone's lap with a hand patting her head lovingly. She looked up to the adorable sight of her husband sleeping with his head resting at the headboard, mouth agape, hair falling at his forehead, he was fast asleep but his hands were continuously patting her head gently even in the half conscious state, the gesture swelled her heart.

She saw her Sidharth in him at the moment her childhood friend who used to come to her hostel secretly every night to put her to sleep just like this in his lap with her face shoved into his stomach and his hands patting her head gently.

"Sab kuch itna kyu badal gaya Sidharth", she mumbled more to herself.

She wiped the corner of her eyes and got up. Her eyes travelled to the clock and the realizations dawned upon. She is supposed to attend a party in a few hours for which she has no preparations she don't know what she is supposed to wear, what kind of a party it is. She knew nothing and it's hardly two or three hours for her to get ready no have lunch first then select the outfit matching accessories and then get ready. She was walking towards the corridor to look after her clothes when her knee came in contact with the table placed in the way to wardrobe and a wallet placed at the edge of the table fall down.

She bent down to pick it up and the two pictures stuffed in the see through pockets of the wallet gained her attention. She looked at the pictures and couldn't help the salty water which flew down her eyes. One of them was her and the other one's was his sister he has showed her the picture, he even used to talk about his sister to her alot even sometimes complementing her that she is just as naive as his sister and how he would always wanted to keep both of them protected. She was lost in the memory lane  but then the reality struck her hard. She hasn't heared anyone mentioning about his sister nor she was there at wedding or any of the functions.

"Where is Zeenat", she whispered.

Thanks for reading. Do votes & comments to let me know how's it going.

With Love
Pre✨✨✨