146. Congratulations.

'We should get up.'

Clays voice breaks the sound of rushing wind and hard rain and thunder.
I lay on his chest, his arms holding me in place as his heart beats under my ear.
'Just a little longer.'

He hums in what I'm assuming is agreement.
Warm and comfy inside as the storm rages outside the skylight.

I play with clays hand in mine, our fingers interlocking, then breaking apart as I trace the back of his hand. He lets me move his hand however, being unbothered as his other hand gently scratches my bare back. Gentle. Warm. Loving.

The kid would have an amazing father.

A knock on the door stops my thoughts from running further.
'Guys, breakfast is ready.' Clays dad says from the other side.

'We'll be right there.' Clay answers.
The footsteps retreat.

'Now we need to get up.'
I sigh and intertwine out hands once again.

'I heard you guys were fighting.'
Alyssa swings the door open and barges into the room.
'Well?' She says as he stops and puts her hands on her hips.

'Does it look like we are?'
Clays annoyed question is a little funny.
I move off of him and sit up, rubbing my temple.

'Well.... No.' She answers.
'Knock next time.' Clay gets up and walks to the closet.

'Why were you guys fighting before then?' She asks as she plops down next to me, her hair messy and pajamas still on.
I glance at Clay, and he nods, letting me know she can know.

'Don't freak out.'
Clay tells his younger sister as warning.
'Why would I?'

I get tossed a sweater.

'I'm pregnant.'

Alyssa stares at me as if I'm making a joke, before looking at her brother to confirm. Clay looks serious, so she looks back at me. 'No way.' She says. The way her face slowly lights ups, makes me feel comfortable. 'No way!' She says.

She stands up and laughs to herself.
'Before Diana got married even.'

'Just don't go rambling about this. Amelia and I need to work this out first.'
Clay slips his shirt off, putting a hoodie on.
She makes a weird sound of excitement before she throws herself at Clay.
He stumbles before looking down at her 'you good?' He keeps his hands off of her.
'Congratulations.'

Its the first time I've heard that, and Clay seems to feel the same, but after his face having frozen, his expression softens. He probably feels as happy and comfortable about her excitement as I did. It makes everything seem lighter. Clays big hands move to hug his sister back 'thank you.' He says softly, with pure thankfulness behind the words.

Alyssa lets him go and moves back, resulting in Clay letting go.
'They're waiting for us for breakfast. Get ready.' She says before slipping out of the room.
I peel the big green shirt off and slip another piece of clothing that belongs to Clay on.

'Hungry?'
He opens the door for me,
but I don't leave until I stepped on my tippy toes and kissed him.
'Little bit.'