96. Baby

Its weekend and the neighbors are dropping off their baby.

'So everything is in the bag, call of you need us.' Sierra says. 'Sure thing.' I say. 'Thanks again guys.' Arjen says. 'No worries.' Clay says as I smile.

They leave us with the baby and Clay holds him. 'Small human.' He says as he looks at the baby in his lap. It looks adorable, the both of them.

Around dinner time, the baby starts to cry making Clay look up in stress. 'What do I do?' He asks as he's still holding him in his arms. 'Check his diaper?' I ask. I looks at me before feeling 'nothing.' He says. I look at the clock 'hungry?' I ask. 'Maybe.' Clay says back.

We eat dinner and afterwards I have to go to work. 'I'll be out till 12, call if somethings wrong.' I say as I slip on my jacket. Clay nods. The baby is asleep. 'Alright, good luck!' I say as I head out.

When My shift is over I make sure to go back quickly.
Wind is blowing hard and it's pouring rain.

When I walk into the living room I see Clay asleep with the baby on his chest. He lays on the couch. I stop and take out my phone for a picture, my heart melts seeing him like this. I quietly make my way upstairs and to the bathroom.

When I'm done I get back downstairs. Clay is Not on the couch anymore and the baby is nowhere to be seen. I hear talking from upstairs, so I make my way back up and walk over, to see Clay checking his mail with The baby on his arm. I walk up to him and lay my hand on his shoulder. 'Your not asleep yet?' I ask. Clay shakes his head. The baby seems to have fallen asleep on his shoulder. I smile at the sight. 'Lets go to bed.' I say.

We put the baby in the crib that we put in my room before both going to bed.

In the middle of the night the baby begins to cry. Both me and Clay wake up by it. Clay gets up first so I stay in bed. After 15 minutes he comes back into the bedroom with a crying baby. 'help' he says. I get up at take the baby from him. I walk around with him on my arm and after a couple of minutes he calms down. 'How? What button did you push?' He asks. I laugh as I walk out of the room. I get back to bed.

'You look good with a baby' he says.

The next morning we wake up by the crying of the baby again. It's 7 AM so it's not that bad. I get up and go to him, Clay following me 'Can I help?' He asks. 'I bet he's hungry, could you get the bottle?' He nods as he prepares the bottle in the kitchen.

When he's done He sits down on the couch and I hand the baby over to him. While he gives him the bottle, he calms down. Clay looks adorable. I stare at Clay as he does what he does. He then looks up at me, 'What are you looking at?' He asks. I smile as I get up, getting a blanket and putting it around Clay's bare shoulders and back. He smiles as he sits back.

I get us some breakfast while he feeds the baby.

When I'm done I hand him his bowl, he has the baby on his lap as he eats his cereal. The baby (I'm just naming him Tyler cause it's getting annoying) starts to turn and crawl off his lap. 'Oh!' He says as he nearly drops his bowl as he tries to stop him. He picks him up with one hand, and puts him back on his lap. He's now facing Clay and drops his head against his chest. We both chuckle 'you okay there, buddy?' He asks. The baby makes some sounds and taps Clay on his stomach. I get Clay's bowl and put in down on the table so he can lift Clay up with both hands. He's so good with baby's it's not okay anymore.