20. Reunite

A voice over the intercom makes me wake up. My back leans against Clays arm and my head rests on his shoulder. I move to sit up straight and he moves away as well. 'Good morning.' He says. I yawn and look at the time. Three more minutes till they land. 'I actually fell asleep.' I say say as pat my face a couple of times to wake up more. 'Apparently.' He says. He's watching the entrance when I look up at him. He seems tired too. 'Thank you for coming along.' I say. He looks down at me 'of course.' He says.

After ten more minutes I look up to see mom and Kim. Kim waves as they both smile. 'That's them.' I say as I unconsciously grab clays arm. 'Then go say hi.' He says. I let him go and get up before quickly walking over. I speed up to a jog and hug both of them at the same time, slamming a little into them because I was going to fast. 'I'm so happy to see you two.' I say. Mom sniffles 'we missed you so much.' She says. I pull back to see her cry. 'Oh no, don't cry.' I say as I tear up at the sight. I dry her tears with my sleeve before Kim hug me again. 'Hey sis.' I say 'hey.' She says. Mom joins in on the hug as well. When we break the hug mom looks at me as Kim pats my cheek 'so grown up.' She says as mom takes my hand and steps back to take a better look. I chuckle 'thank you!' I say.

When I notice Kim looking behind me, I turn as well. Clay stands a couple of feet away to give us some room and seems a little shy. 'Come here.' I say. He walks over 'this is Clay, my roommate.' I say changing to English to Clay can understand. 'Good to see you in person.' Kim says as she shakes his hand. 'You too. Must have been a long flight.' He says. Kim sighs, making me chuckle. Mom shakes Clays hand as well and smiles up at him. 'He's so tall compared to mom.' Kim says in our language, making me laugh and Clay looking at me in confusion. 'You're tall.' I translate shortly. He smiles and looks back to Kim. 'We should head to the car! You guys must be tired.' I say. 'Yeah, let's go.' We start to walk, Clay following behind, but I grab his wrist to pull him so he's next to me. 'Mom how's your English?' I ask. 'It's a bit better, I thought her a bit more.' Kim answers as mom chuckles. 'Lets try talking English so Clay's not left out.' I say. They both nods.

In the car Clay drives. I offered the passenger seat to mom and she gladly took it. Kim grabs my arm and shakes me with a laugh 'I can't believe we're in America!' She says. I laugh a little 'you are!' She still holds my arm as she looks out the window and sighs. 'Clay, have you always lived in Florida?' Kim asks. 'I have, yeah.' He says. 'Real American.' Kim says quietly, but we all hear and chuckle. 'I heard you live in France?' Clay says. 'I do, I have for four years now.' Kim answers. 'How is that?' He asks. 'Well the language was hard at first, but I now know how to fluently speak French.' She says. I laugh 'you wish.' I say. Clay chuckles and so does mom. 'So how is living with my sister?' Kim asks. 'I like her cooking.' He says back. I laugh 'that is the first thing you think about?' I ask. He shrugs and smiles. 'Oh your cooking is good.' Mom says. 'I'll cook something nice tonight.' I say. 'Yes!' Kim says. I scoff and smile.

We pull up into the driveway.

'Here we are.'