38. Second.

It's the next day,
I didn't see Clay for the rest of yesterday.

I get ready to read on the couch, as the doorbell rings.
I sigh and get up after finally having found a comfy position.

When I open my door I see Chase.
'Chase? What are you doing here?' I ask my friend.

I haven't seen him in a while. He smiles 'just thought I should stop by, I was in the area.' He says. 'Well come in.' I say as I step aside to let him inside. 'How have you been?' I ask as he steps in and opens his jacket. 'I've been well. How about you?' He asks. 'A lot happened in a short time, but I'm good.' I say. 'I heard.' We walk into the living room and sit down on the couch. 'Do you want anything to drink?' I ask. 'Oh sure.' He says as he takes off his jacket. 'Coffee?' I ask, knowing he wants that. 'Yes please.' He asks. I stand up and am about to walk into the kitchen when the door of the hallway opens, revealing a grumpy looking Clay that tries to cover it up with a fake smile at Chase. 'Hello.' He says to him. Chase stands up. 'You must be Amelia's new roommate.' He says. They shake hands. 'I am, nice to meet you.' Clay says quickly before moving past me and into the kitchen. I get coffee as he waits for water to boil. He's not saying anything and is avoiding eye contact, so I get back into the living room and hand Chase his coffee.

'So I guess I should be straight to the point.' Chase says after I sat down as well. I look at him 'Uhm, sure?' He looks from the cup in his hands to me. 'Amelia,' Clay walks out of the kitchen and into the living room.

'I want to ask you to be my valentine.'