100. Question.

Its the last night here.

We stand in the dark and in a crowd, but we have a pretty good place to watch the firework show by the castle.
Nothings happening yet though. We stand in silence as I sip my coffee. Clay seemed exited for the show.

The fireworks start and I watch the pretty lights fill the dark night sky.

'Amelia?'

I turn to Clay as he looks down at me. 'Hmm?' He steps closer and bumps his shoulder into me. He's looking at the fireworks and I can't see the reflection in his eyes. 'I love you.' He says as he looks ahead. 'Love you too.' I mumble as I look away as well. 'Can I ask you a serious question?' He asks. 'Now?' I ask as I pull my eyes away from the fireworks. 'Yes.' He says as he meets my eyes. 'Alright, what is it?' I ask. 'Will you be my girlfriend?' He asks.

I look at him for a second before scoffing and smiling, thinking he's joking.
He gently grabs my chin to make me look at him again. 'I'm serious.' He says. I look away, feeling my face heat up. 'Amelia.' He says to make my look at him again, but I take his hand off my face and hold it in my own while standing closer to him.

Not here.

The show ends and we quietly leave the park.
We enter the buss that takes us back to the hotel.

When cay unlocks the door he lets me in first, and when the door closes I turn to him, but he slips away into the bathroom. I sigh and take off my shoes and jacket. When I hear the shower start I realize it will take a while till he's out, so I turn on the tv and lay down on the bed, my feet tired from all the walking. The show goes on as I go through my phone and the pictures we took. I smile as I scroll through them

At at least half an hour later, the shower turns off. He never showers that long. It still takes long for him to be done, which is unusual as well. Maybe he's tired. I dangle my legs off of the edge of the bed, and impatiently wait for him to come out of the bathroom. He opens the bathroom door and steps out, still a little wet and no shirt on. He quickly looks at me before getting a shirt 'forgot.' He says before going back to the bathroom again.

I groan and curse internally for him taking so long.

When he steps out this time, he wants to walk past me and to his side of the bed, but I shoot up and hug him. 'Can you ask me again?' I ask. He pushes my shoulder back a little but I keep holding on 'you want to mock me or something?' He asks. 'No, please ask me again.' I say as I look up at him. He sighs and looks away.

'Will you be my girlfriend?' He asks.

I look at him with big eyes and a bright smile.

'Yes.' I say.

He turns his head and looks at me in surprise 'but I thought you- you.... yes?' He asks. Again. I giggle and hold his face in my hands. 'Yes.' I say. He laughs 'oh my god, you want to be my girlfriend?' He asks in disbelief. As answer is kiss his lips briefly, but he's not taking that. He pulls me back again and kisses me longer. 'You're my girlfriend now.' He says with a bright smile. I nod 'I am, mister boyfriend.' I say.

We lay down quietly before both chuckling and giggling again.
'I love you.'

'Love you too.'